𝟐. 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐞

I wake up the next morning, and turn to my side. Jared isn't here, I guess he already woke up! I silently sigh, rub my eyes for a second and hear the bedroom door opening again. I look up, and see my boyfriend walking in with two plates of french toast. I softly smile, and silently giggle.

"Hey, goodmorning mi amor! I made you breakfast, french toast, just the way you like it" Jared says, making me smile again. "Thank you, it smells great!" I giggle, taking the plate after he sits down next to me.

"Ofcourse, princesa. Ready to go to Boston this afternoon?" he asks, taking a bit of his own french toast. "Yeah, definitely. I'm really excited to see everyone again, it's going to be great" I reply, so he nods his head and we enjoy the breakfast together, followed by some great shower sex.

"Alright hermosa, have fun out there" he says, after I got ready to go to Boston. "Thank you, I'll see you tomorrow" I reply, so I give him a kiss and walk out. I get to my own car, put my bag in it, blast some music and drive all the way to Boston.

After about 4 hours of driving, I arrive at Lisa's house, the house where Shanna lives. I park the car, grab my bag and walk over to the front door. I ring the doorbell, and wait for the door to open.

"Oh my God!" Shanna cheers as she opens the door, making me laugh. She immediately wraps her arms around me, so I hug her back very tightly. "Happy birthday Shan!" I giggle, and she laughs with me.

"Thank you sweetie! I'm so glad you're here, oh my God, come in!" she cheers, so I grab my bag from the ground and get inside.

Our friends, Emily and Sarah greet me as well, Shanna wanted to keep it small so it's only us and her family. After Lisa and Carly greeted me with hugs as well, someone quickly runs up to me from behind. "Amsy!" I hear, also coming from behind me.

I turn around, and see Scott coming to me. I brightly smile, and hug him back after he lifted me up in his tight hug. "My God, I missed you so damn much!" he cheers, making me laugh before he puts me down again.

"I missed you too, all of you" I giggle, making him laugh with me. "My God, you look stunning, absolutely gorgeous! How have you been?" he happily asks, making me smile again.

"I've been doing great, thank you! How about you?" I ask in reply, also happily as he smiles back at me. "I'm so good! We all really missed you, how long has it been since we saw you?" he asks again, still smiling at me.

"Um, I think it must've been like 6 or 5 months" I giggle, and he raises his eyebrows. "My God, I'm so glad you're here" he chuckles, and we both laugh again. "Oh Chris, come here!" Shanna says, looking to her side.

I look as well, and see a tall, muscular man with a Boston Red Sox baseball cap, walking up to us. I look at him from head to toe for a split second, and softly smile. He's beautiful!

"Amelia, meet Chris! Chris, meet Amelia" Shanna adds, pulling her older brother towards us now. "Hi, it's so nice to meet you!" I happily say, sticking my hand out towards him.

He smiles back at me, looks at me in silence for a second and shakes my hand after. "Yeah! I'm, uh, I-I'm Chris, it's so nice to meet you too. I've heard a lot about you" he nervously replies, making me smile again.

"All good, I hope! I've heard a lot about you too" I giggle, making him silently laugh. "All good, definitely! Same way about me, I hope" he chuckles, so I nod my head.

"You're an actor, aren't you? I'm really sorry, I don't watch a lot of TV or movies or

"You're an actor, aren't you? I'm really sorry, I don't watch a lot of TV or movies or... Yeah, I'm sorry" I add, but he shakes his head as he smiles. "Please, don't apologize for that! It's actually great like this, not being immediately recognized" he chuckles, making me laugh as I notice that Shanna and Scott got to the backyard.

"I'm glad you don't mind! I mean, I've seen 'The Office', but that's pretty much it" I giggle, add he laughs with me. "Well, I've seen 'The Office' too!" he happily adds, making me smile.

"So, you've known my family for quite a while now, right? How come we never met?" Chris asks, still smiling at me. "I have, yeah! And I don't know, maybe we just missed each other every time" I reply, so he nods his head and agrees with me on that.

"I like your cap, by the way. Red Sox supporter?" I ask, pointing at his baseball cap for a second. "Oh, yeah! You too?" he asks in reply, and I nod my head. "Definitely, big time. It's bene like, maybe a year or two since I actually went to see a game, but I try to always watch them whenever I can" I reply, so he raises his eyebrows with a smile.

"Wow, that's awesome! You should definitely go see a game soon, do you live nearby?" he asks again. "Um, not really, no. I grew up in Massachusetts, but I moved to New York for school and work" I explain, making him smile again.

"New York, awesome! Well, then you should try and visit a game when you get here" he chuckles, and we both laugh before Shanna calls for us. We get to the backyard with her, and sit down at the long dinner table with each other. Chris sits down next to me, Emily on my other side and Shanna and Sarah in front of us.

"Are you having a good birthday?" Emily asks, looking at Shanna. "I'm having the best birthday, I can't believe you're all here at the same time again" she giggles in reply, making us all laugh.

"You should definitely come here more often!" Sarah adds, so I nod my head and take a sip of my fruity white wine. "Definitely, yes! Just move here already" Emily giggle, so we all laugh again.

"I would, but driving for 8 hours a day just to get to my job and back home is a little too much" I sigh, and they understand. "We'll come to New York soon too! Chris can give us a ride when he goes, right?" Shanna asks, looking at her brother.

"Sure, yeah" Chris replies to her, giving her a kind smile as she smiles back at him. "That would be amazing, I can't wait! But um, won't Jared mind?" Sarah asks, looking at me.

"Oh, he won't" I reply, making her smile. "How is he, by the way?" Shanna asks, also looking at me now. "Yeah he's... He's fine! He told me to say hi again" I say, so they give him a hi back.

"Oh hey, Chris actually has a role coming up in New York! It's March to May, right? Next year?" Shanna asks, looking at her brother again. "Uh, yeah! And again from July to September, so that's great" Chris replies, making me smile.

"That's a pretty long time! Do you always have to be away from home for so long?" I ask, looking at him. "Sometimes, yeah. But it's fine, I just rent an apartment or a house for as long as I'm staying there" he explains, so I nod my head to let him know that I understand.

"You said that you wanted to prepare for the thing you're doing first in New York, right? The police role thing?" Shanna asks, and Chris nods his head. "Well, maybe he can spend a day with you? You know, just to look around and stuff?" she asks again, looking at me this time.

"Oh, yeah! Sure, absolutely! We can make that happen" I reply, making her brightly smile. "Wait, you're a cop?" Chris asks, also looking at me. "Yup, I'm a police detective so I spend a lot of time at the NYPD" I giggle, and he widens his eyes.