𝟏𝟒. 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬

I take my glass with me, and walk back to Chris until I get interrupted by someone else walking up to me. "Oh my God, hi! You just be Amelia-Rose, it's so nice to meet you! I'm Lizzie!" a woman happily says, giving me a hug before I can introduce myself. I recognize her from the Marvel movies I saw, I think she's the one that plays Wanda!

"It's nice to meet you!" I giggle, and she let's go of me again. After her, there are 5 other people greeting me. I recognize all of them, they're Chris' Marvel cast members! They all tell me that they heard a lot about me, which makes me think. Did Chris talk about me to them?

Not that I mind, not at all! I just kind of wonder what he told them, if he told them anything. I spend the next 2 hours with Chris and his friends, talking to them about a lot of things while I try to keep looking happy.

"Hey, um, do you wanna go outside for a second?" Chris asks, getting close to me and bowing down a little so that I can hear him. "Sure, yeah" I reply, giving him a little smile. He takes me to the backyard, where we sit down on the swing bench.

"So uh, I wanted to ask you something" Chris starts, looking at his hands while I look at him. I nod my head, and he looks back at me now. "Are you really okay?" he asks, looking right into my eyes with a little frown.

I keep looking at him, and try not to tear up right now. I hate it when people ask me if I'm okay, because I know that I'm not but I don't want to tell them that. "I'm... I'm f-" I try to reply, but he interrupts me.

"You can tell me the truth, you don't have to say that you're fine when you're not" Chris adds, looking at me with worry in his eyes. I softly smile at him, feeling like I can actually trust him with my life.

"Do you, um... Do you ever get a little bit tired of life? Like you're not really happy, but you don't want to die? Like you're hanging my a thread but you've got to survive, because you've got to survive?" I ask, and he silently sighs whole I slowly shake my head.

"Like your body is in the room, but you're not really there? Like you have empathy inside, but you don't really care? Just... A little bit tired of trying to care, when you don't?" I ask again, and he frowns even more.

"Yes, I do. I understand what you're going through, I go through the same things sometimes. Your anxiety is getting pretty bad, huh?" he asks in reply, making me softly smile as one single tear leaves my eye. I immediately wipe it away, and look at my hands.

"Pretty bad, yup" I giggle, so he softly laughs with me. "If you feel like you need to talk to someone about it, if you need to vent... Just call me, or text me, or even come to my house. I'm here for you if you need to talk, or even if you just need a hug. Always" he tells, gently taking my hand in his which makes me tear up again.

 Always" he tells, gently taking my hand in his which makes me tear up again

"You have no idea what that means to me" I giggle, wiping away another tear. "But um... Same for you, always" I quickly add, making him smile as well before I grab my cherry chapstick and cover my lips in it. "There it is, I was wondering when you were going to use it tonight" he chuckles, pointing at the chapstick and making me laugh.

Siddenly, we hear people cheering inside. We both frown a little look up and see fireworks in the sky. Chris looks at the time on his watch, and silently laughs. "Happy new year, cherry" he chuckles, looking at me again. "Happy new year, Cap" I giggle, and we look at the sky for a while longer.

We spend the rest of the night together, barely even talking to our other friends before Jared walks up to us at 3am. "Let's go, princesa" he sighs, sticking out his hand. I flinch at the movement, and take his hand afterwards.

"I guess I have to go... I'm sorry! I'll see you soon in, New York" I say, looking at Chris while Jared drags me with him. "See you in New York, cherry girl" Chris replies, making me smile before Jared and I get out of that house.

"I was in the middle of a conversation, why can't you just-" I try to say to him, but he interrupts me by turning around and squeezing my wrist. "Shut the fuck up, and listen to me. That guy is trying to take you away from me, and I'm not fucking letting that happen. Do you understand?" Jared asks, looking right into my eyes.

I'm almost too scared to speak, so I just start breathing faster and look back into his eyes. "Hey! Do you fucking understand?!" he shouts, getting even closer before he gets pushed away by someone coming from behind me.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" I hear, coming from Chris. I quickly turn around, and see that he's looking at Jared with the most angry look on his face. Jared looks back at Chris, also looking angry while clenching his jaw.

"Let's go" Jared sighs, taking my wrist again and dragging me with him like he did before. "Get your fucking hands off of her" Chris adds, pushing Jared again which makes him let go of my wrist.

"Mind your own business man, go back inside and behave yourself" Jared says, making Chris even more angry, which I get. Chris clenches his fists, and walks up to Jared again. Before he can do anything, I quickly get in the middle.

"Stop, stop..." I say, looking right into Chris' eyes while he just looks over me. "Chris, stop it" I add, trying to get him to look at me, but it's not working. "Chris, look at me" I exclaim, a little louder now.

He finally looks down, back into my eyes while he breathes heavily. "It's okay..." I silently say, almost whispering as he shakes his head. "No, it's not okay Amelia. It's not okay, that is not okay" Chris replies, but this time, I shake my head.

"Just go back inside, Cap" I whisper, and he sighs. "Yeah, go the fuck back inside" Jared mumbles, making Chris look at him again. "What's that?" he loudly asks, trying to walk his way again until I hold him back.

"Don't, please... Just... Just go back inside..." I whisper again, and he shakes his head. "There's no way that I'm leaving you alone with him right now, there's no way. So either you come with me, or I'm staying here with you" he replies, looking back at me.

"Let's go inside, okay? Let's go inside" I quickly add, so he nods his head and looks at Jared one more time before gently taking my hand and walking back inside. We walk past Sebastian and Lizzie at the door, and they walk with us to the kitchen. There's nobody here now, so that's good.

"You okay? Are you okay?" Chris immediately asks, making me sit down on a barstool att he kitchen counter while he looks at my bruised wrists. "I'm okay, are you okay?" I ask in reply, noticing him feeling very fed up.

"Are you sure? He bruised your- he just fucking bruised your wrists, Amelia... He fucking- God, are you- are you okay? Do you need anything? Do you need-" he adds, making me frown. I interrupt him by placimg my hand on his cheek, and making him look at me.