𝟑𝟎. 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐈𝐝𝐞𝐚

-
-
-

- Time Skip, Three Weeks Later -

Yesterday, Chris and I completely finished the house! We made this a dream house, and in only a week, my furniture is arriving. Shanna will help me decorate everything, because tomorrow, Chris is leaving Massachusetts to go to New York for three months.

It's 8pm, and Chris and I are cooking ourselves dinner in my new kitchen. We're having pasta, so we're making our own. "This smells awesome" Chris chuckles, getting the last vegetables in there. "It really does, you're a great cook!" I giggle, making him laugh with me as he wraps his arms around my waist.

I wrap my arms around his neck, and smile at him. "Thank you for everything you did for me, seriously. You have no idea what it means to me, you really helped me get my dream house" I say, still smiling at him.

"Ofcourse, baby. There's no need to thank me, I love being with you and I love doing stuff with you. Everything is great with you, so thank you for involving me" he replies, smiling back at me. We look into each other's eyes for a while longer, until he starts getting closer to me. I get closer to him too, and slowly, our lips gently touch.

Sparks are running through my body, it feels like I'm in heaven. His lips are so gentle, so soft and so sweet. The taste of his lips is something that I've been craving for months, but now that it's actually happening, and after feeling like I'm on cloud 9, I start to feel bad.

This shouldn't happen, just like everything that happened in Italy. I shouldn't be this close to Chris, he's Shanna's brother for God's sake! What the hell was I thinking? This can't happen, this isn't good. And as much as I want this, I can't have it.

I get flashbacks to my relationship with Jared, and they're not good flashbacks. He was hurting me, mentally and physically and I can't go through that again.

We both back off a little, and I immediately let go of him. He let's go of me too as a reaction to my movement, and looks at me. I shake my head, and lean against the kitchen counter as I look at my feet.

"This... This is a-a bad idea..." I silently say, making him frown. "What? What do you mean?" he asks walking up to me again and placing his hands on my waist. I quickly slap them away, and shake my head again. "No, no this is... This- this is a bad idea, this is a really bad idea" I add, feeling like I'm having an anxiety attack.

Chris silently sighs, and takes a step back. "Why?" he asks, still silently. "Because you're... Just... It's a bad idea, it's just a bad idea" I sigh, but this time, he shakes his head. "No... No i-it's not a bad idea, it's not a bad idea at all, baby" he replies, and I look up.

"It's a really fucking bad idea, Chris" I say, looking right into his eyes. "But... Why? Why is it a bad idea? The kiss, why is that a bad idea?" he asks again, looking nervous and a little upset.

"We just can't..." I silently replies, and he frowns a little. "What about everything that happened on the trip?" he asks, after a moment of silence. "That shouldn't have happened..." I silently reply, almost whispering while my eyes tear up.

"W-what? Why? Did I do something wrong?" he asks again, frowning as I shake my head. "No, I just... I can't do this" I add, and he also shakes his head. "I can't do this, Chris. I can't do this, please just... Just go, just go home" I tell, while a tear leaves my eye.

"Talk to me, Am. What's going on?" he asks, taking a step towards me and gently taking my hand. I quickly let go again, and shake my head. "I'm... I'm scared..." I whisper, and Chris silently sighs.

"I... I get that... You do know that I'd never hurt you in any way, don't you Amelia? I would never, ever hurt you, okay? We can do this, alright? We can- yeah, we can do this, baby" he replies to me, frowning and also tearing up.

I look back into his eyes, and after a moment of just staying silent, I shake my head again. "I need you to give me some time" I sigh, but yet again, he frowns. "But I'm leaving to New York for months, Am..." he silently adds, almost whispering.

"I'm... I-I need time, Chris" I say again, trying to speak op with a shivering voice. He shakes his head again, so I just nod my head and look at my feet. "Fuck, Am... Please just- look, we can do this, okay? We can-" he tries to add, but I interrupt him.

"Chris, I need time. Just go..." I silently replies, and he immediately sighs. He keeps looking at me for a while longer as he takes deep breaths, before walking out of the kitchen. I hear the door closing after only a few seconds, and start crying.

Chris' POV

I walk out of Amelia's house, close the door behind me and get to my car. I step in, but I don't start driving yet. Instead, I just sit here and scream. "Fuck!" I loudly add after just screaming for a moment, running jy hands through my hair. "Fuck, man. Fuck... Fuck!" I add to myself, while tears leave my eyes.

I really thought that Amelia and I had something going on, and I thought that the kiss was going to make everything more clear. Don't get me wrong, I get that she needs time, but she looked at me like this is the end of everything we've done together.

She looked at me like we're never going to be together, like this is it. I really don't want this to end, because I really fucking love her. I'm going to do everything I can to get her, because I know that we can make it together.

Back to Amelia's POV

I take a shower in my new bathroom, and put on my pajamas. I'm scared of the feeling I got when Chris and I shared that kiss, because that feeling means love... I don't want to be in love again, not after my last relationship. It scares the shit out of me, but I didn't realize that I was in love with Chris until we kissed.

Also, he's Shanna's brother. I can't possible love my best friend's brother, I don't want to lose Shanna as a friend! I also don't want to lose Chris, even if it's just as a friend. He's been the best friend ever, in the past few months. Sure, there were a lot of feelings involved, but he's been there for me the whole time.

He made me able to break up with Jared, because if Chris wasn't there for me, I'd probably still be in that relationship. I just knew that I had someone who would take care of me, someone who would protect me and deep down, I knew that thst person was and still is Chris.

I get some sleep after thinking and crying for hours, and wake up again the next morning. I have an apple for breakfast, but I can barely swollow it. I feel terrible, I feel kind of heartbroken even though I'm the one who caused it.

I hate myself for it, but still, I'm too scared to be with Chris or anyone right now. He's Shanna's brother, and I don't want to lose Shanna as my best friend. I don't want to hurt her by being in love with her brother, so I just have to move my feelings aside and try to forget about Chris.