𝟏𝟐. 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐉𝐨𝐲

TRIGGER WARNING FROM NOW ON IN THE CHAPTERS: ABUSE

-
-
-

- Time Skip, Four Months Later -

It's Thanksgiving today, and Jared and I are going to celebrate it with my family. My family lives all the way in Ohio, so we're on our way to the airport now. We'll be staying with them for the night too, after Thanksgiving dinner. I'm excited to see my family again, it's been a while!

It's been four months since the first big fight Jared and I had, and to be honest, things aren't better yet. Not at all better, they're actually worse. Jared made it a habit to hurt me now, by squeezing my wrists or my hips when I don't listen to him.

We're still not trying for a baby, because the relationship isn't going so well. Whenever he wants something I don't want, we do it anyway. I'm tired but he doesn't want to sleep? I stay up. He wants to have sex but I don't feel like it? We have sex anyway.

Things aren't great, but like I said before, I'm a forgiving person. I haven't told my friends about him being like this, he made sure that I knew that I wasn't supposed to tell anyone.

About two months ago, Chris came back from Namibia. I immediately went to Massachusetts to visit him and the rest of his family, and we had the best time. Chris and I never stopped talking, we still talk every day and we picked a date for his day at the NYPD.

Chris is just an amazing friend, and I know that I can talk to him about anything. I'd love to talk to someone about what's going on between me and Jared now, but I can't. I'll be in big trouble if I do tell someone.

Once we land in Ohio, we call a cab and let it drive us to my parents house. "We're good, right?" Jared asks before we step out of the car. I look at him, and nod my head with a smile. I keep pretending to be in love, knowing damn well that I'm not.

We get inside after ringing the doorbell, and greet my family. I help my mom in the kitchen, whirl Jared talks to my dad and my brother. "So, how are you two doing? It's almost 6 years now, isn't it?" my mom asks, giving me the sweetest, most comforting smile.

"Almost, yeah" I reply, smiling back at her. "And everything is still going great?" she asks again, looking at my whole I avoid eye contact. "Yup, all good! Wow, I'm really hungry! This looks so good, let's go put it on the table" I reply, changing the subject and walking away.

"Hey sweetie! This looks amazing" my older sister Sierra giggles, wrapping her arm around me. "It does, huh? All thanks to mom" I giggle, and she laughs with me before we all sit down. We talk all night, and God, I'm glad to be away from home for a while.

After helping my mom with the dishes after dinner, Jared and I go up to my old room to spend the night. "Did you have a good time tonight, mi amor?" he asks, laying down next to me. "Yeah, did you?" I ask in reply, and he nods his head.

"Goodnight princesa, I love you" he adds, before turning to his side. "Goodnight, love you too" I sigh, also turning to my side. I think about how my life could be right now, if I'd just have the guts to break up with Jared.

Maybe I'd live a normal life. Normal, as in happy. I would quit my job, move to Massachusetts and find some inner peace. I've saved up more than enough for the future now, so that's great.

I've always wanted kids in the future, so I started saving up when I first started working. I want to be able to stay at home to raise my kids, instead of letting the daycare raise them. Maybe I want to get married some day too, so I wanted to save up for that as well.