𝟏𝟕. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐈𝐭

-
-
-

- Time Skip, Two Months Later -

After talking for hours, Chris and I both got a little tired. He went back to his own room, and the both of us got some sleep. We had breakfast with Lizzie and Seb, and after talking for a while longer, they gave me a ride home. They told me to be careful, and that's really sweet! In the past two months, we became pretty good friends too. We even have a group chat with the 4 of us in it!

Today, Chris is coming to New York. It's March now, and in a week, he's starting the Broadway show called Lobby Hero. He'll be staying in New York until May, but today, he's spending a day with me at the NYPD to see how a day goes.

I'm actually off dury today so that I can spend my time with Chris, and it's going to be great! I can't wait to see him again! We haven't really talked about my relationship with Jared in the meantime.

I still didn't break up with him, so I hope that Chris doesn't think that I did. I just don't really know what I'm supposed to do when I break up with, I mean, I haven't done things I actually like for years!

It'll be weird to be alone, but it'll also be pretty good, I think. I mean, I'll be able to say, eat, drink, feel and do anything I want. Anthing I want. I guess I'm just waiting for the right moment, and that right moment hasn't come yet.

Jared is already at work, and I'm waiting for Chris to arrive. I'm going to show him around at the Police Department, and I'm getting him some clothes that he can borrow for the Broadway show.

After only a little while of waiting, the doorbell rings. I immediately smile, stand up and walk over to the door. I open up, and see Chris standing in front of me with a smile on his face. "Hey cherry, you look beautiful" he says, looking at me from head to toe while I smile back at him.

"I missed you, Red Sox Boy" I giggle opening up my arms which makes him chuckle. He wraps his strong arms around my waist, and lifts me up in the big hug, making me laugh.

"I missed you, cherry girl! How have you been?" he asks, putting me down again. "I've been fine, yeah! How about you?" I ask in reply, letting him in. "Me too, I'm glad you're okay" Chris adds, and we both smile again.

I give him a cup of coffee, and we sit down on the couch after I shower him the house. He obviously noticed that I didn't break up with Jared yet, because of all his clothes and all his stuff being here.

After talking about the Broadway show for a while, we make our way to the police department. I show him around, and tell him about what we do there. I get him a pair of clothes he can use for the show, and try to avoid Jared as much as possible.

-
-
-

- Time Skip, Two Months Later -

I went to see Lobby Hero in Broadway, about 10 times. Whenever I could make it, I was there to watch Chris perform and God, I'm so damn proud of him! He did the last show tonight, and I went to see him again. He was really happy that I was there, which made me happy again!

In three weeks from now, we're all going to Italy for a vacation. We're going to be staying there for a month, my friend group and Chris' friend group. Actually, we all just became one big friend group!

I get back home, say hi to Jared and make my way upstairs. I get to the bathroom, take of my make-up, put my hair up in a messy bun and take a shower. Once I'm done, I brush my teeth and search for my birth control pills. I frown a little, and keep looking, but I can't find them.

After getting dressed and searching for a while longer, I get to the bathroom and see Jared laying in bed

After getting dressed and searching for a while longer, I get to the bathroom and see Jared laying in bed. "Hey, have you seen my birth control pills? I can't find them anywhere" I say, keeping the bathroom door open so that I can see and hear him while I look for the pills.

"Oh, yeah! I threw them out this morning" he replies, looking at his phone. I stop moving, and slowly turn to him with widened eyes and a frown. "You did what...?" I silently ask, making him look up.

"I threw them out, hermosa. We want kids, we have to start and we can't do that if you're taking birth control pills" he replies again, giving me a smile. "No... No Jared, you want kids! You want kids soon, not me! I told you a hundred times already, I don't want kids now! You can't just throw out my birth control pills, Jared!" I loudly exclaim, making him frown.

"Oh yeah? What the hell was I supposed to do then, huh?! Just wait for you?!" he loudly asks, standing up from the bed. "Ofcourse you should just wait for me, are you insane?! It's not just up to you! If I don't want a baby right now, I'm not going to get pregnant anyway, just because my asshole boyfriend wants a baby!" I yell, letting it all out for once.

"Shut the fuck up Amelia, you fucking love me" he adds, getting closer to me. "No, I don't. I don't fucking love you, Jared! I'm still here because you're hurting me, and you're mean to me, and you- God! I fucking hate you and I fucking hate this relationship! Fuck you!" I yell, but before he says anything to me in reply, he fully slaps me in the face with his bare hand.

I slowly look at him again, with tears in my eyes and a burning cheek. He roughly grabs my face with his hand, and squeezes my cheeks with his fingers. "Fuck you, princesa. Now strip, get on your hands and knees, and let me fuck you all night. Is that fucking clear, hermosa?" he asks, looking right into my teary eyes.

I can't do this anymore, I just can't. I slap his hand away, keep looking right into his eyes and push him away." That's it, it's over. We're over" I say, silently now while I quickly grab a bag. "No, no wait, I..." Jared adds, frowning a little while he watches me pack up some of my most important things.

"Shut up, I'm done with you" I tell, putting the last few things in my bag. "Please, Am, I-I love you" he says, but I shake my head and put on a pair of jeans and an oversized sweater. "You don't hurt the people you love, the way that you've hurt me" I exclaim, wiping away a few tears.

"No, I-I know, I know princesa, I'm sorry but please don't do this to me" he replies, so I shake my head and walk out of the bedroom. Jared shouts a few more things at me, but I'm not paying attention anymore.

I put on my jacket, and open the front door. "So that's it? You're just gonna leave?" Jared asks before I step out. "Yeah, that's it. I'm leaving, and I'm breaking up with you. Bye, Jared" I reply to him, and I walk up to my car.

I drive over to the nearest 24/7 diner, and get a cup of coffee. I guess I'm gonna stay at a hotel for now, but I'm sure as hell going to quit my job before looking for a house of my own. I feel relieved, I feel really fucking relieved.