𝟏𝟖. 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐱

I finish my cup of coffee, and call up a few hotels in New York. None of them have a room free, apparently it's very busy right now. I guess I could go to Ohio, but I'd have to catch a plane and I can't do that right now. I don't have all my things yet, I'll go do that when Jared is at work one day.

For now, I just have to figure out where I should sleep. I'm too tired to drive all the way to Massachusetts right now, so I decide to just go ahead and text my favorite person in the world, the one I feel most comfortable around.

__________

|text message|
|Chris|

Me
Hey

Me
I'm sorry, it's really late

Me
But are you still in New York?

Chris
Hey! Yes I am😁

Chris
What's up?

Me
Do you think that I can
maybe stay with you tonight?

Me
I'm so sorry but I don't know
where else to go

Me
The hotels are all fully booked

Chris
Ofcourse you can

Chris
Where are you now?

Me
At that 24/7 diner, a few
blocks away from my house

Chris
I'll come pick you up

Chris
I'll be right there

Me
Thank you

seen.

__________

It's like he can feel that I'm not okay, he's just the best... I don't know what I'd do without him in my life, you know? He's been such a great friend, I can talk to him about anything and he can talk to me about anything. I guess we just really get each other, and that's amazing.

Only a few minutes later, Chris picks me up at the diner. He takes me to the apartment he's staying in with Dodger, and let's me stay with him. There's only one bed in the apartment, so I offer to sleep on the couch, but Chris wouldn't let me. I wouldn't let him sleep on the couch either, so we just share the bed together with Dodger on between us.

-
-
-

- Time Skip, Three Weeks Later -

I've been spending the last couple of weeks with my family, the first week in Spain and the following two weeks in Ohio. They've been very supportive, my dad is even helping me look for a home! I want to live in Boston, I'm a hundred percent sure of that.

Oh and also, before I went to Spain, I quit my job at the NYPD. I needed a fresh start, and since I'm on the cover of Vogue this month, I'm all good! I haven't told any of my friends about that cover shoot yet, they'll see once it's in the stores.

Right now, I'm taking a plane back to New York. From New York, I'll drive my car to Massachusetts and take the plane to Italy from there, together with my friends. I've been doing great lately, I'm really happy that I finally brok up with Jared!

He's been trying to call and text me a lot, but I just don't respond to that. I feel better than I've ever felt in the past 6 years, and my family tells me that I even look better now. I do take better care of myself, I go for a run in the morning, take care of my skin, get my nails and hair done sometimes... Yeah, I've been better.