𝟏𝟔. 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬

I put on Chris' hoodie and Lizzie's leggings, and at that exact moment, there's a knock on the door. I open it up, and let Chris in again. We make ourselves comfortable in the bed, underneath the blankets after Chris got the both of us a cup of tea.

"So, you're not in love with your boyfriend... And you're still with him?" Chris asks, looking at me before taking a little sip of his tea. "No, I'm not in love with him anymore and yes, I'm still with him" I reply, looking back at him.

"Can I ask you why? I mean, I don't want to interfere at all, it just doesn't make any sense to me right now" he adds, so I nod my head. "No, I um... I get that, and I'm actually not sure why we're still together. I guess I'm a little scared to break up with him, I've been in a relationship with for almost 6 years so... It's a long time, and for some reason, I feel like that's why I can't really break up with him anymore" I explain, and he nods his head.

"So um, you said that him hurting you wasn't the only reason for you falling out of love, right?" he asks, looking like he's actually interested in the story, like he actually cares abort me and like he actually wants to talk to me about it.

"Well... You know, Jared likes to... H-he likes to um, to be with others. You know? He likes to sleep with other women, and I... I don't know, I just don't feel comfortable with that" I nervously reply, and he almost spits our his tea.

"What? He's cheating on you? You're telling me that he's mean to you, hurting you, and cheating on you? Wow, I really regret not beating him up" he sighs with raised eyebrows, making me laugh.

"I get it, I mean, we've been together for almost 6 years. Maybe he just wants to be with someone else every now and then, I can't blame him, right?" I ask, getting a little insecure about this. "Yes, yes you can. He's cheating on you, Amelia. That's not okay, that's not okay at all and you don't have to tolerate that" he replies, and my eyes slightly tear up.

"Right, your right... I just feel like this is going to be a forever-thing. You know, because we've been together for such a long time and... I feel like it's been such a big part of my life, that I can't end it. And I want to, really, I want to end it and I don't want it to be a forever-thing, but I feel like it has to be" I explain, so he slowly nods his head.

"I understand that you're feeling that way about it, but you're the one who's in control of your future. Not Jared, not anyone else, just you. And if he's not your future, he's not your future. It's your own choice, it's your own life" Chris adds, making me smile.

"I know, I do but... It just doesn't feel like I have a say in it at all... I mean, Jared wants to get married one day. And that's fine, I get that, I want to get married too some day but... I'm just so scared that he's going to propose to me soon. I mean, what do I do when he proposes? I can't just say no, but I don't want to get married to him" I tell, and he nods his head.

"Ofcourse you don't, and you shouldn't say yes. It might be tough, but I really don't think you should get married to a guy who hurts you in every possible way" Chris says, and I agree.

 It might be tough, but I really don't think you should get married to a guy who hurts you in every possible way" Chris says, and I agree

"He wants a baby too, really soon" I add, sighing before taking a sip of my tea. "A baby? Wow, that's a big step. Do you want a baby?" Chris asks, so I slowly nod my head. "I do, I do want kids one day, but not right now. And, you know... Not with him..." I silently reply, and he also nods his head.

"No, I get that. So um, if you think about the future right now, what is it like? What do you want?" he asks, which makes me think. I silently sigh, knowing exactly what I want.

"To be honest... I want to quit my job, and move. I just want to get out of New York, and move to Massachusetts, or maybe Ohio. I'd like to fix up a house with a backyard, maybe a dog too. And who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and find the love of my life one day! I really like thinking about getting married and having kids, but... I do realize that that's probably not happening for me" reply, and he slightly frowns with a little smile on his face.

"First of all, I think you should do it if that will make you happy. Move away, fix up a house with a big backyard and get a dog. Second, why do you think that it won't happen for you?" Chris asks, still looking at me.

"Well, because I'm with Jared now and I don't think that we'll break up soon... I don't know, I just feel like I'm not going to find anyone else anymore, but maybe that's because I've been with him for so long" I sigh, taking the last sip of my tea.

"Right, yeah, I get that. But there is someone out there for you, maybe you even already met him! You deserve someone who takes care of you and loves you, someone who wants to give you the life you want. The life in Massachusetts or Ohio, fixing up a house with a backyard together, getting married one day and having kids one day too. Don't settle for less, cherry" he explains, giving me the sweetest smile.

"I am settling for less right now, huh?" I jokinly asks, giggling as he laughs with me. "You are, yeah. I understand that it might be hard and scary to start something new and leave Jared behind, but... I think you should risk it" he replies, and I slowly nod my head.

"Maybe you're right... I just don't know what kind of reaction he's going to give me when I break up with him, I don't want him to get angry again. I'll just see where it goes from here, maybe I'll talk to him about it at home tomorrow and-" I try to add, but he interrupts me.

"You want to go back home? Tomorrow? Really?" Chris asks, frowning again. "I mean, what else am I supposed to do? I have to get back to work in a few days and I live sith Jared, so I don't really have a choice" I reply, but Chris keeps frowning.

"You can stay with Lizzie or Seb, you know? They said so themselves, I don't think I want you to go home to Jared on your own again. I don't want you to get hurt in any way, and I want you to have that life you want. You can't have that life if you stay with him, beautiful" he says, and I sigh.

"No, I know that, but... I can't just not come home..." I silently explain, making Chris sigh as well. "I get that you're feeling that way, but it's not safe for you to stay with him anymore" Chris tells, gently placing his hand in mine to let me know that he's just trying to look out for me.

We talk about the situation for a while longer, and we talk about Chris as well. He tells me about his upcoming movies and projects, I'm so proud of him!