Demisexual. 🐈‍⬛️⚪️☂️🦳[7]

I
June seventh, Tuesday.

Luz didn't have a morning shift, so she worked with her mom for the first four hours of her day. People were nice, burnt herself two times today! Better than May, she burnt herself like eighteen times in an hour. So far so good.

She expected Amity to be the amazing Princess she is to come out of nowhere and hopefully give Luz a reason to ditch work-- But when Luz texted Amity a good morning, the greenette had texted back that she had an interview with a junior college later and she'd be busy.

So Luz, a little upset that she couldn't see her Princess, agreed and told her she'd be happy to stop by and drop off a couple thousand energy drinks. But Amity didn't answer. Luz shrugged it off, and got back to work. "Your shift starts in a bit," Camilla fixed Luz's hair. "Thank you for helping, send Eda my thanks."

"Que paso con tu bruja?" Luz asked, removing the apron. "Isn't she supposed to help today?"

*What happened with your witch?

"Ay Luz, don't talk about Vee like that." Camilla lightly hit her. "She's your sister, you two are supposed to be best friends."

Luz rolled her eyes, "I feel like you forget she took my crush from me in our Freshman year."

"You never made a move." Camilla hissed. "Ya paso, leave it."

Luz sighed, "I know. Just don't let her take Amity from me. I won't be home tonight, Eda wants me to care for Owlbert and King at her place."

Camilla nodded slowly, "Where's she going this time?"

"On a date." Luz stood.

"With?"

"You." Eda leaned against the counter, grinning. "If you're free tonight?"

Camilla smiled and rolled her eyes, "I thought you had work."

"I hate this." Luz clicked her tounge. "My mom. Dating my boss. This could go two ways. My mom and boss breakup, I recieve the blame. Or my boss becomes my mom."

"You'd have more siblings too." Eda teased.

Luz glared at her, then stepped around the counter and grabbed Eda by her collar. "Listen. I'm telling you this as me, not as your friend. If you hurt my mother in any way, I'll burn your store to the ground. If I hear anything foul out of your mouth aimed at my mother..You'll regret not heading my only warning." She pushed Eda back. "I'll be on my shift. Take care of my mom tonight."

She walked off, Eda adjusting her shirt slightly. "She means that, by the way." Camilla sighed. "My last ex, not my husband, slapped me. He went missing. Now he's in a psychiatric hospital."

Eda swallowed, hesitantly looking towards Camilla, "You're not lying, are you?"

Camilla shook her head, "Assuming you don't want to join him, ask your question again or not."

"..Are you free tonight?"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Thank you for coming, come again whenever you'd like!" Luz smiled and waved.

Last customer of the hour. Store goes on break. She walked around the counter, walking towards the doors and closing them. She turned a sign, fixing the time on it and clapped, "King go have lunch!"

"Okay!!"

Luz retreated to the back, looking around, "Owlbert?"

"He's at school." King placed his Mac n cheese in the microwave. "Go get him."