Genderfluid 🎀📖🔮⚫️🔵 [16]

Wednesday. E

Luz stayed up most of the night cleaning up the house. Her mind wanted to rest, but her body wanted to focus on something else that wasn't shaking. Echo helped out with what he could, cleaning his toys and licking Luz's cheek to avoid tears.

It helped. He was a good boy. Luz slept at five in the morning, waking up to her alarm at nine and getting ready. 'Ping!' Luz looked over at her phone, ruffling her hair with the towel and opening the message. "You get the day off Luz. Yesterday wasn't healthy, I'll take care of it today." Eda.

Luz wrapped her towel around her neck, clicking the message bar, "It's okay I can come today I already got ready."

It was read, bubbles popping up before another message was sent. "Stay home or you're fired. Hooty's staying home too, taking care of the kids."

Luz pressed the call button, moving her phone up against her ear, "What." Eda flatly said.

"I can work. You don't have to-"

"Luz Noceda. If you come in to my store today, you're fired. I bribed my sister in to coming, she's working for a little less than what I paid King. Don't come, it's okay."

The Latina hummed nervously, "It doesn't seem fair--"

"She doesn't have to know."

"Not that! Eda I'm telling you I can come today--"

"Luz. Please. Don't come today. I have it all handled, I promise. Rest. I'll see you tomorrow." And with that, Eda hung up.

Luz placed her phone back on the counter, sighing. Echo squeaked, spinning around, "Prrbt?"

The Latina took her blanket, knelt down on the floor, lied down, and closed her eyes. "Back to sleep.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Luz..Luz wake up..You shouldn't be sleeping on the floor.."

"Mmughh.." She covered her face, pulling Echo closer.

He let out a suprised squeak, scrambling up and around before he returned under Luz's palm. "Luz, go to bed!"

"I am in bed.."

"You're on the floor!"

"Great for back.."

"You're lying on your stomach!"

Luz yawned, "..And..?"

The Latina whined as she was forcefully pulled up, groggily standing with her blanket. "Go to bed."

"I'm good.." Luz did a small stretch, her shoulder and back cracking. "But good morning Amity..How'd you get in.."

"Your brother opened the door. You weren't answering my calls or texts so I got a bit worried and came over. Door was locked, but I didn't wait long for your brother to come." Amity pushed Luz towards the bed. "Lie down you idiot."

Luz shook her head, pulling Amity over, wrapping her arms around her waist. "Don't go.."

Amity sighed, rubbing Luz's back, "Go to sleep Luz.."

"If you lie down with me.." Luz nuzzled Amity's cheek, humming softly.

"I have work.."

Luz held Amity tighter, "Just for a minute..Please.."