Trans MTF 💙🎀⚪️🎀💙 [13]

Sunday. H

Luz dropped Amity off at home, and accidentally saw her mom. So, uh, before work, Luz has to meet Amity's mom, for breakfast. Yeah. Luz hummed nervously, knocking on the door, gripping the flowers. "One second!"

The Latina perked up. 'Oh thank gosh, Amity's answering the door--' The door opened, and Luz had to force a nicer smile. "Good morning ma'am."

"Morning, come in." The woman stepped aside, allowing Luz passage.

Luz thanked her, walking in. The house smelled like lavender, yet Amity always smelled like pink lemonade, and this woman smelled like bread. Which, yeah she just made breakfast so obviously, but it was weird. "Luz!" Amity smiled brightly, immediately calming down. "Glad you could make it."

"Mhm--" Luz offered the flowers to the woman. "I'm Luz Noceda--"

She gracefully took the flowers, campanula, daffodils and lilies. She took note, nodding. "As you saw yesterday, Mom." Amity came forward. "Luz dropped me off. She's been taking me out for lunch during work, and driving me home when Boscha can't."

"Mm."

"She's not asking for anything, I promise. Luz just wants to make sure I get sleep, and that I'm not overworking myself. She may or may not be coming over often to pick me up and drop me off, but she doesn't know anything." Amity explained.

"Huh?" Luz looked to Amity.

"It's not important."

Luz nodded slowly, then looked up at Amity's mom, smiling nervously. Yep, confidence took a hit right there. Women are terrifying.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Nothing bad happend during Luz's stay. Though at one point Amity took her to a separate room and asked Luz to hold her for a bit before they let eachother go and went back out to finish breakfast. Luz learned Amity's mom's name, Odalia.

Could've sworn Luz has heard it before, but Luz didn't push anything, and just kept quiet. Odalia wasn't bad, but she also wasn't sweet. She wasn't racist, which is a good start. But she's classist. News came on, homeless man had robbed a bank a few cities over, hasn't been found yet.

Odalia had cursed quietly at him, not for robbing a bank, not for threatening people with a bottle, yes a bottle, not even dissing his appearance. She just, hated that he was poor. And that he did something bad, not that he robbed a bank, but that it was a bad thing to do.

Luz was, confused, gave Amity a weird look, but Amity said nothing and blew Luz a kiss when Odalia looked away. Nonetheless, Luz was a stellar guest. She thanked Odalia for her time and breakfast, made sure to compliment her and Amity, then left.

Amity had called her when Luz stepped out and the door was closed, she drove a little ways from the house til she heard Odalia. "Luz, wasn't it?" Odalia spoke.

"Yes mom."

"She's sweet. Class?"

A light shuffle, Luz assumed Amity shrugged. "Middle? I'm not sure, I've been to her house, it's very nice-"

"Marble counters?"

Amity mumbled quietly to herself, trying to recall what it was, so Luz whispered the answer. "Soapstone."

"Soapstone." Amity thanked Luz quietly, clearing her throat.

"Mm. How old is she again? Sixteen? Pretty successful, and smart, working through the most popular month after December." Plates and cups clanked quietly against eachother before Odalia spoke again. "She hasn't done anything, illegal, has she?"