Chapter 14

"You don't have work?" Gulat na tanong niya ng mabungaran niya ulit ito sa kinabukasan.

Hakob just shrugged, carrying the paper bag full of food and walks towards the table and place it there.

"But today is Monday, Hakob. Day-off should only be on Sundays." She state in a matter of fact.

"Don't you want me here, Chim?" Hakob asked, raising his brow at him.

"I want, but I thought you're working?" Tanong niya ulit.

Napalunok siya ng humakbang papalapit si Hakob sa kanya. Walang pag-alinlangan na itinaas nito ang kanyang baba at inangkin ang kanyang labi.

"Too many question, Señorita." Hakob said huskily.

Napalunok siya at bahagyang dumistansya. Suddenly the tone of his voice sent havoc on her system! Why is he so attractive, huh? She shouldn't be lusting him, they're still young.

Tuliro pa siya habang hinila siya nito papunta sa mesa. Hakob let her seat on the chair in front the table while having a ghost smirk on his lips. Mukhang tuwang-tuwa sa reaksyon niya!

"Gusto mo subuan kita, Señorita?" Seryosong tanong nito pero hindi niya alam kung nabahiran iyon ng mapanlarong tono o baka guni-guni lang.

"I-I have hands, Hakob." She tremble and get the spoon on her own.

"So, that's the only way to make you behave, huh?" Hakob smirked.

Pinamulahan siya sa sinabi nito. Tahimik lang siyang kumakain habang ang isa ay may tinatagong ngiti sa labi. He finds her funny, huh? Is she his happiness now? She giggled on that thought.

"Your grocery is out of stock." He pointed out.

"It has been out of stock since I came, Elias. I don't know how to cook." She said.

She can't even fry. Baka mabulok pang ang stock sa ref kung hindi niya nagagalaw. Tanging tubig at fresh milk lang ang naroon and some chocolates which seems that Hakob disproves.

"But if you'll teach me how to cook naman...why not?" Pasiring na wika niya.

"We'll buy groceries, you'll come with me." He just said in serious tone.

Natuwa naman siya. Another time with him!

Pagkatapos niyang kumain ay si Hakob na ang nagboluntaryong maghugas, habang siya naman ay naliligo. She's humming while doing her routine, umagang-umaga pa lang pero ang saya-saya na niya.

She wore black shirt and a denim jeans. Gumagaya siya sa suot ng binata ngayon. Aren't they cute? They look matchy on their outfit.

She was giggling as she applied light make up. Nagsuklay siya sa mahaba niyang buhok bago lumabas.

She was in all smiles but vanished when he saw Hakob sitting on the sofa and chatting on phone. Nakatalikod ito kaya klaro ang cellphone nito sa kanya.

She tried to form her eyes into slit to make a clearer vision of the name. And she regret why she tried reading it.

It's Nikki! Nikki, the hardworking girl on the wet market which is obviously Hakob's type.

Agad na nagngitngit ang kalooban niya. Ang kaninang puting awra na bumalot sa kanya ay napalitan ng itim.

Hakob stood up when he felt her presence, agad itong ngumiti sa kanya.

He has guts to smile at her after chatting other woman? Traitor!

"Why are you not working again?" Usisa niya ulit.

"I quit working," he simply answered like it wasn't a big deal.

"What?! Why?" Nagtatakang tanong niya.

He seems so enjoyed while working, she can saw his dedication on his work so why quit? May nakaaway ba ito sa work? Or maybe some bigger reason? Paano naman ang tinutustusan nito ng financial? Will they be okay?

"You said you only have two weeks left," he trailed.

"Uh, yes?"

"And you want to be with me."

"Yes, Hakob."

Maliit itong ngumiti.

"I quit working to be with the remaining days with you here in the Philippines, Señorita."

Nalaglag ang puso niya.

He quit...for her? He quit because she wanted to be with him? Why would he sacrifice his work for her?

Nakakabingi ang tibok ng puso niya. Nanlalamig ang talampakan at namamasa ang kanyang palad. The butterflies on her stomach ain't helping, too! She's afraid that he might hear the beating of her heart.

"I-I'm such a bad influence to you, am I?" She whispered trying to flashed an amused voice.

"You are, Señorita." Hakob respond while smirking.

Hinila na siya nito palabas. Ibig sabihin lang n'on ay hawak nito ang kamay niya. He's holding her hand!

Malaki ang kamay nito kompara sa kanya but their hands is so perfect for each other. Bagay na bagay talaga sila!

She was giggling on their way out of the building. Nawala sa isipan niya ang tungkol kay Nikki.

"We're going to wet market." Hakob informed her as they get out of the building.

"Okay!" Masayang sagit niya kahit wala siyang naintindihan sa sinabi nito dahil ang atensyon niya ay nakapokus lamang sa kamay nilang magkahugpong.

Her smile slowly faded when Hakob guide her to a brand new luxury car. Wala pa siya sa sarili ng pagbuksan siya nito ng pinto.

"W-where's your taxi?" Nagtatakang tanong niya.

"I told you I quit." Hakob answered as he slid himself in the car.

"Is this yours?" Tanong niya ulit.

Hakob nodded.

Her wild imagination starts working. This car cost million dollars. And his jobs can't bought this expensive car!
Even if he's a janitor, waiter, bartender, delivery man and taxi driver ay hinding-hindi siya makakapag-ipon ng ganito kalaking klaseng halaga.

Oh. There's only one job left that can surely pay for this.

Macho dancer.

She stared at Hakob. His face looks so innocent and he seems like he's putting his dignity first over anything else.

Kaya ang hirap paniwalaan na tinanggap nito ang indecent proposal ng lalaking nasa bar na 'yon!

But looks can be deceiving, right? What if he had no choice left but to accept the money? What if he badly needs it and he's tired working different job? Hindi nga nito tinanggap ang 500k niya!

Awang-awa na siya sa binata. He's probably left with no choice.

She sighed and held gently his arm. Napalingon sa kanya ang binata.

"I understand you, Hakob." She said with a concern smile on her lips.

"What?"

Kumunot ang noo ng binata. Weirded out on her sudden behavior.

Oh, he's indenial pa! Don't worry, Hakob. Tanggap pa rin kita.