C H A P T E R | 16

Chapter 16: Damn!

"Be careful, P'Arthit." The man said.

Arthit's hand were on the man's muscular arm was wrapped around him.

Arthit lifted up his head and looked at the man and his eyes widened in shock. "Kongpob!" He shouted.

Luckily, there is no one around, looking at them.

"What are you doing?" He asked, he was beaming in anger. He pushed Kongpob off and Kongpob, just smiled like an idiot.

"Catching you." Kongpob said, and a smirk formed into his face, "What do you think am I doing aside from catching you?"

"You-" Arthit angrily pointed his finger to the younger. "May i just remind you, SIR. This is a workplace, if anyone seen us like this, people might misunderstood us."

Arthit was feeling shy and embarrassed in their situation, earlier.

He just left Kongpob there, who was still smiling like an idiot.

Arthit threw his bag off and sighted. "Damn you asshole!" He cursed under his breath.

He started off his engine as soon as posible and drove off.

As always, Arthit was just walking to the corridor of the building, and was just standing at the door.

"Mint, your papa is here!" The teacher called. Arthit flashed a beautiful sweet smile, when his daughter looked at her.

And just like before, Mint jumped off her seat and, grabbed her backpack and ran to him.

"Papa!" She exclaimed. Arthit picked her up and Mint just rested her head between his shoulders and neck.

The two bid a goodbye to the teacher and to other students, who was left to the classroom.

"Papa..." Mint called out and hugged Arthit's neck.

He rubbed Mint's back and said, "Yes sweetheart?" 

"Nothing...i just missed you." She said and kissed Arthit's cheek.

Arthit chuckled on to Mint's action.

Finally, the father and daughter reached their car. Arthit put Mint to her seat and secured her with the seatbelt.

He then did the same to himself afterwards.

On the way home, the scenario of him and Kongpob Infront of the parking lot, "damn."

Arthit sighted and just shook the thoughts away.

"Papa, are you okay?" Mint asked worriedly, as he look to her papa. Arthit just flashed a convincing smile and said, "Papa is okay, sweetheart."

Mint just replied with, "Oh, okay!"

As a child, Mint only believes at what others were saying, even though she herself don't know if it's the truth or not.

"Oh, right papa." Mint started a conversation, "Ms. Tan said, i was a good kid and smart too!" She said, smiling.

Arthit then replied with, "That's great dear." And smiled widely.

"But, papa, do you think mama is also smart like me?"

Here we go again, the never ending topic of the non-existent woman.

"She....she is." Arthit hesitate. "Then, what does she looks like, papa?" She again asked.

"Well.....just like you, sweetheart." He again replied to her answered and smiled awkwardly. While Mint on the other hand, was now already picturing her mother in her thoughts.

Mint was lost on her thoughts and just noticed that they were already arrived in the house.

Mint was the first one to jumped out from the car and waited Arthit Infront of the door.

Arthit pulled out the keys from his pockets and unlocked the door. Arthit and Mint sat down first to take their shoes off and put them to the rack.

The father and daughter duo entered their home and of course, Mint ran upstairs, to play in her room. Arthit on the another hand, just placed their bags to the sofa and just relaxed there.

It was just a long and stressful day for him, but seeing Mint took all the stress from him and was replaced by warm and happy feeling.

He just closed his eyes for a minute and sighted. But then, he again opened his eyes when he felt somebody was shaking him.

"Yes sweetie?" He asked. "Papa, Mint is hungry now." Mint said and Arthit checked the time on his phone.

7:37

Arthit slept in for an hour and Mint was waiting for them to eat.

"Sorry, Mint. Papa fall asleep." Arthit said, rubbing his eyes.

He stood up to go to the kitchen. He grabbed his apron and started cooking.

Mint just stared at her papa and watched him, moving to the kitchen, gracefully.

After cooking, Arthit finally put down all the dishes he cooked.

He put a rice of Mint's plate and, to his. The two eat very happily and Mint started talking about her day was.

She told Arthit that, she participated in class, actively and also, got a 100% score to their math quiz.

Arthit didn't say anything, other than praising his little angel.

After that, Arthit was the one who cleaned the table up and washed the dishes while, Mint was just playing.

"Papa, let's go to bath!" Mint excitedly said, grabbing Arthit's hand. Arthit was smiling, and agreed to bathe her.

__

After Mint was finally fresh like, always. She continued playing with her stuff toy, Simba and Tutu, while Arthit was inside, bathing himself.

When he came out from the bath room, he was already drying his wet hair and Mint ran to him.

"Ready to brush you teeth?" He asked and Mint nodded excitedly.

The two was again, back to the bathroom to brush their teeth together as it is a part of their routine.

After the two were finnished, Mint was already tucked into the bed by Arthit.

"Papa, read me a story, please." Mint pleased. Arthit then smiled and replied with, "Sure."

"So, once upon a time......" Arthit began telling Mint the story and Mint carefully listened to Arthit.

"And, they lived happily ever after." Arthit finished the story. He looked at Mint who was already drifted into her dreamland.

A sweet smile was formed into his face. He went closer to her and kissed her forehead.

"Sleep tight, sweetheart." He said and tuned off the lamp besides Mint's bed. Then, he went out to her room and went to his.

There he just laid himself off to his bed.

A few minutes have passed and Arthit was still twisting and turning to his bed. He couldn't sleep still.

"Damn, why is it so hard to sleep?!" He questioned himself.

He stared at the ceiling and the scenario of him and his ex-lover, in the parking lot played to his mind.

"Damn you Kongpob."  He again cursed under his breath. "You are so hard to read. There were times when you were angry then there were times you are good to me."

"Why are you acting like that to me?"

C H A P T E R | 16
By: anonymouslylazy