C H A P T E R | 40

Chapter 40: The Kiss

"Why, are you jealous?" Kongpob asked, leaning at Arthit. "No, i am not. I am just trying to be sure. I don't want to be the another man in the relationship in people's eyes."

"You sounded so, defensive." Kongpob whispered, into his ears. Arthit then, slapped his shoulders and pointed at him, "No, i am not." He retorted, "Do you know, who was that?" Kongpob asked chuckling. "That was my cousin, you mistook as my wife. And the kid was her son, my nephew."

"Why are you telling me this? I am not interested." Arthit was irritated, "I am just telling you this because, i don't want our daughter to also misunderstood things. And, i just wanted to be clear." Kongpob said and gave Arthit a smile, that pissed him off.

Arthit then, stormed off to the kitchen, while Kongpob was following him, smiling like an idiot. "Where is Mint?" The first question he asked as he took off his shoes.

"At her room." Arthit replied, without looking at him. Kongpob then, made his way into her room.

As he opened the door, slowly, he found his daughter, sitting at her bed reading a book. And maybe, she had a sixth sense as she lift her head up, and looked to Kongpob with a star in her eyes.

"Uncle!" She ran into him and good thing that, Kongpob caught her, in his arms as soon as she hugged him. Of course, Kongpob, hugged her back and, after a minute they parted.

He then, crouched down to her height and, asked in a gentle, calm voice, "What are you doing?"

"Oh, i was playing with Simba!" She paused, "Do you wanna play with me?" She asked.

"Of course, i would love to." And with that, she held him by the hand and, dragged him inside her room.

Kongpob looked, to the little girl, playing beside him. His mouth curved up, while caressing her smooth, silky hair.

Right now, Kongpob finally understand what was the feelings of every parent, like him. All his tiredness were all thrown away, that easily, everytime he sees Mint, smiling and laughing. It is right, the gods really are thoughtful for sending him such a gift, for him to cherish his whole life that he could never trade for anything in this world. Mint and Arthit, was the most precious thing that ever happened to his life and made it much more meaningful than ever.

"Why are you looking at me like that, uncle?" She asked, as she caught him, staring at her. Kongpob was finally, pulled back into his senses. "Nothing." He replied simply and Mint being a good kid, she ignored it and continued playing with her toys.

Arthit on the another hand, downstairs was still cooking. Great thing, Kongpob came just in time because he was just about to cook a dish that was good for two people only.

But still, a lot of thoughts have run into his mind. But one thing really became the center of his thoughts, and that is he misunderstood Kongpob.

Oh gosh, that was embarrassing. It feels like he wanted to slap himself, for the thought of him, having another family.

It was thoughts after thoughts that he only realize that, he was done cooking. He must really deep in his thoughts that he couldn't track the time.

He only found himself, turning off the stove. He sighed before he goes to the dish rack and grabbed a bowl.

He then put the dish that he cooked to the bowl and, since it was quite a lot, there still more left in the pan.

He then, grabbed a three plate and, the utensils to place in the table. After that, he went back to the kitchen and grabbed a big large plate and, scooped the rice from the rice cooker.