C H A P T E R | 12

Chapter 12: Drunk.

Arthit slowly carrying Mint upstairs. She fallen asleep. He tucked her in her bed and kissed her forehead.

She snuggled to hug her stuff toy, Simba.

"Goodnight, sweetheart." Arthit smiled and walked out of the room.

Tew's words were occupying his thoughts.

{Earlier}

"Everyone lies, P'Arthit." Tew stated, "It just that, your lies went too far."

"I mean, what if Kongpob find out the truth. What will you do?" Tew added.

"I don't know what to do, Tew." Arthit sighted, "But, still you lied, P'Arthit. Every lie has consequences. Even if it's a white lie." Tew smiled, "Besides, there's no secrets that would be hidden forever. Every secret always gonna get exposed, sooner or later. It always comes out."

"I don't know, Tew. But i indeed felt guilty, lying to the two."

"I am warning you Phi. If you continue to lie, you wouldn't just lost Kong but also Mint."

{Present}

Arthit chuckled, remembering the conversation between him and his junior.

"Am i really wrong for lying?" He questioned himself.

__

"Am i not enough for him and, now he acted like i was nothing?!" Kongpob shouted.

Aim, on the another hand was, holding him. "Ai'kong. Calm down."

"I can't! How could he do this to me? I loved him like he was my world yet, i was nothing to him!" He shouted.

Kongpob was really heartbroken at this moment that's why, he asked Aim and Oak (Finally, he appeared!) To join him for a drink at the nearby club.

"Hey Kong, stop it." Oak said, he snatched the glass from Kongpob's grip and put it to the table.

"What are you doing, i am still not finish!" He scolded Tew.

"Kong, stop it. I already told you back then to let him go. Move on!" Aim shouted.

"But, how can I move on huh?" He asked sarcastically, "You know what, i thought If i would see him again, i would be happy. But then, when I came back to this country, all i felt was, guilt, insecurity, sadness and angry." He laughingly said.

"Kong..." Aim called out but Kongpob was too stubborn to stop.

"I never loved someone like him. He is my first love so, tell me, Aim. How can I move on? Huh?"

"That's enough for today, you are drunk." Oak said.

"I am not drunk, you two are!" He shouted.

"Kongpob!" Aim shouted. "You are not P'Arthit. How can I get scared?" He laughed again.

Kongpob again, started drinking until he couldn't take the alcohol anymore and passed out.

Aim and Oak carried him to the car, going to his house.

Aim was the one driving while Oak was at the backseat with Kongpob.

Finally, after an hour, the trio reached the house and searched the keys through Kongpob's things.

They found the key was in pocket and unlocked the door.

The two successfully layed Kongpob down to his bed. While, on the other hand, Kongpob drifted to his dreamland.

"I feel sorry for Kongpob." Oak suddenly said. "This really went to far. If I have known that P'Arthit was working there then, i would warn Kongpob."

Kongpob have told them everything from the beginning, and the two could only do is, to share a look and felt sympathy for their friend.

The next day, Kongpob woke up with a massive headache.

"What am I doing here?" He asked as he looked around. He rubbed his forehead and sighted.

He opened his drawer next to his bed and, took a pain killer. He went downstairs, with the pain killer.

He poured a glass of eater for him and, took the pain killer, following the water.

"What did i do last night?" He asked himself.

He made his way to his living room and sat to his couch.

-Ring Ring

He grabbed his phone from his pocket and looked at the id, it was Aim.

"What's up, Aim?" He asked.

"Feeling better now?"

"What happened?" He asked.

"You've passed out. You are sick Kongpob. Finishing 8 bottles of beer all by yourself." He scolded.

"I'm sorry, Aim." Kongpob apologized. "Did you know, May nearly killed me for coming back home late. Thank god, Oak covered for me."

Kongpob chuckled. After a short discussion with Aim, they finally cut off the call as the two have jobs to do today.

__

"Ba-bye papa!" Mint waved her hand and entered her class.

While Arthit was just looking at his daughter, interact with her classmates.

After Mint settled, Arthit finally left the school and gone to his car.

He has to go to work today, as he had an important paper to do.

On the way to his workplace, he don't know how to face Kongpob. He lied to him yesterday and, now he knows that the younger might be mad.

"Goodmorning!" He greeted his co-workers.

"Aw, P'Arthit." Jeed said, sipping her coffee up. "You seemed gloomy today, what's up?" She asked.

"Well...i am good...as always." He said, putting a small smile on his face.

Although, Jeed suspected that something is wrong with the elder, she still shrugged it off and replied with, "Okay."

"Hey, guys." There is the gossip queen again, Maprang. "What's up?"

"Where's Khun Kongpob?" She asked and Jeed replied with, "I don't know, i haven't seen him yet."

"You mean, he was absent today?" She asked. "Maybe he was just late. Let's wait for him."

Maprang was about to go out when, they saw Kongpob, walking pass their office. "Khun Kongpob." They all wai'd to him.

He just looked at Arthit with a bloodshot eyes and continued walking. "What's wrong with him?"

"I don't know, but i think he is in a bad mood." Jeed commented.

"Look at those dark circles around his eyes. He must be having a hard time."

Arthit just listened to the two talking about Kongpob.

He was also worried after he saw Kongpob but then, the guilt took over his body that stopped him.

On the other side, Kongpob reached his cabin and threw himself to his office's chair. He massaged his temples and stretching out his neck.

While stretching, he spotted the picture frame that was placed on his left side.

It was a picture of him and Arthit, hugging eachother with a wide smile that was shown to the picture.

He felt his heart aching while starring at this picture.

He wanted to ask himself, if he did something wrong or said something that made Arthit moved on, completely and start his own family, which was their idea at first.

C H A P T E R | 12
By: anonymouslylazy