C H A P T E R | 41

Chapter 41: Opening Up

After the sweet, romantic kiss. The two spend the rest of the night, together, talking and cuddling in Arthit's room. They catched up, on what they lives were, after the separation.

"Can you tell me, how did you find out that you are pregnant with her?" Kongpob suddenly asked.

"Why do want to know?" Arthit asked back, "It's been quite a while, yet i still have no clue, how did you find out."

Arthit then nodded and answered, "That day, when you were going to Beijing, i was supposed to go to the airport, because i realized that i still wanted to be at your side, but then, i passed out. Before everything got blurry, i called Knot. He responded, immediately and, took me to the hospital nearby. That's when I found out I was carrying her, for 3 months without me realizing it." Arthit chuckled.

"Now i understand, why are you so moody and nauseous that time. It was just crazy, we didn't had any idea about it."

"True. But did you know, i almost miscarried?" Arthit asked, gaining a look from Kongpob. "You almost miscarried?" Kongpob repeated. For him, it was quite unbelievable. "Yeah, i almost miscarried from the stress. But then, the doctor said, our baby was strong."

"Then...during those time, when you are carrying and giving birth to her?" Kongpob again asked, wanting to know more about his daughter.

"Well, there's Bright, Tutah, P'Deer, Knot, Tew, Prem,  Wad, Maprang, Prae, P'Earth, Todd, Rome, Bright's fiance. There were also my parents. I moved back to them, while I was pregnant.

I was very thankful, because everytime I call them, because my cravings were really crazy that time, even if it was already late at night, they would come and get it. Especially, my dad. He was really good. He was even over the moon, when he found out he was having a granddaughter.

Then, 3 moths before i gave birth, i bought this house so, that when Mint came out, everything will be ready. Even my parents helped me to decorate her room, help me to go, shopping for her needs and help me how to take care of her. They thought me, what to do and dont's."

Arthit paused a second, "So, you see, there were alot of them, who helped me raise our daughter, even if you are far away from us."

Kongpob then felt a pang in his heart. He is the father, yet, he was not there when Arthit went through one of the hard time in his life. He was supposed to be there, with them.

"Come on, past is past. Don't think too much." Arthit said as he noticed the uneasiness of Kongpob. "But, still. I am supposed to be there with you two."

"It's okay Kongpob. Even though, you are not there, you could still make up for those 5 years, without you." Arthit smiled, "Mint's birthday was coming." Arthit Said, and Kongpob looked at him, "She wished to meet you, Kong."

Arthit paused, "She will be turning six, this upcoming Wednesday, can you come and grant her wish to meet her father?" Arthit asked looking at his eyes, "If that's what she wished, then i will be glad to introduce myself as her father." Kongpob smiled and, kissed his forehead.

"Then, what about you. What happened to you these past years?" Arthit asked.

Kongpob sighed, it was now his turn. He was not ready to talk about his life yet, but he wanted to open up to the man next to him.

"Well, let's just say, i drowned myself, studying. I had a lot of friends during i went overseas, but still missing home. i don't have really any plans of coming back here. But, i was forced of my family, to go home."

"Why?" Arthit asked, "They put me in arrange marriage. But, i backed out, not so long ago."

Arthit quite lift his head up, and looked at Kongpob. "I know you are thinking, that i should do it, since it was my parents' request. But, i backed out when... I realized something.