C H A P T E R | 26

Chapter 26: The portraits.

On the ride home, the two elder never bother to say a word to each other while Mint on the back seat was just playing her fingers.

Soon, the three finally reached the house and of course, the two have to say goodbye to Kong. But then, he was surprised when Arthit asked.

"Why don you have dinner here? It's getting late. It's hard if you won't eat in time."

Of course, Kongpob loved to go, so he agreed. As he entered the home where the two stays, he was fascinated by the design. It was not huge nor, big. It was just right size for the two.

It was quite spacious and Mint of course ran upstairs, to her room leaving the two downstairs.

"You...sit there. I'll just cook something for us." Arthit shyly said and made his way to the kitchen.

Kongpob then, sat to the couch that was near him and looked around the house more. The theme was white and brown. There were also a big window that was attached to the wall, facing the kitchen. It also have a sliding glass door that was matched to the color of the house, itself. Well, the living room was not that big but it is also spacious enough for the two. And at the wall, there were bunch of portraits of Mint and Arthit, from the day she was born.

Of course, there's a solo picture of baby mint in her crib, sleeping.

(This is how she looks when she was a baby)

While on the another side where when she was a year old. There she was celebrating her first birthday and she was being carried by Arthit into his arms, and her birthday cake was in to the table near them and they were blowing the candle together.

Kongpob then moved his gaze to the next portrait when were she was 2 year old. Arthit was at the side sitting at the grass while Mint was running around. She was wearing a red dress pairing with her black headband.

Oh how Kongpob wished he was there in these pictures.

The next picture were at the park. It was full of grass and the father and daughter was sitting on the mat. Of course, Knot was at the side of the two while Tew was sitting next to Knot, preparing their plates and dishes the brought. And the next one was when she was wearing a white dress with a bow that was tied at her back and the front looked like it was her belt. It was paired with a flower crown and of course, she was holding a basket containing flowers. Of course this was a big day for her because it was the first time that she have been a flower girl in the wedding. Of course, it was Knot and Tew's wedding.

And the next and the last, was the picture of Mint was in her school uniform, holding her pink backpack on her left hand. She was smiling ear to ear, looking exited at her first day. He touched the frame and traced the figure of Mint in the portrait.

Of course, Arthit noticed that and he was just looking at Kongpob from time to time. He went near to him and said, "Do you know, these pictures that was hanging here was the one she liked the most?"

Kongpob looked at Arthit who was eyes were fixed to his daughter's pictures. He sighed. "She has been very fond of them and she told me to hang it for her." He explained.

"Then, who was taking these pictures?" Kongpob asked, looking back at the portrait. "Prem."

"I see... You guys are still close." Kongpob chuckled. "Mn. Yes we do. Did you know, while I was pregnant. Tutah and Bright have been bickering who was going to be its Godfather."

Kongpob again felt a pang in his heart. He was Mint's father but then, he himself wasn't there when she needs him. Instead, Arthit's friends became her father.

"Mint was still young. She still a little girl." Arthit said and Kongpob looked at him thinking what he meant.

Arthit just looked at him and went back to the kitchen, without saying a word. "The dinner is about to be cook. Can you call Mint?" Arthit spoke. Of course, Kong didn't think twice and nodded. "You can go upstairs, her room was on the right side."

Kongpob followed the instructions that Arthit told him. As he reached the top of the stairs, he stopped. The first room was at the left and the second room was on the right.

He did gone to the right and knocked. Mint then opened the door and smiled, "Mister!" She said. "What are you doing, little one?" Kong asked.

"I was playing. Do you want to join?" Kong was hesitant at first. But then Mint suddenly grabbed his hand and lead him inside her room."

There he was amazed how the room looks. The room was not big but it was also spacious enough for Mint. The walls were color pink and the bed was in the corner. There is also a study table on to the right side of the room and in the next of it was a box full of toys. Her wardrobe was just at the opposite side of the bed.

She then lead Kongpob to sit to the carpet and handed him Kit.

Downstairs, Arthit who was done placing the dishes to the table decided to call for the two. "What made kongpob took so long?" Arthur asked.

He then went upstairs, to Mint's room to see what was going on.

But, just as he reached the top of the stairs, he could hear laughing from Mint's room. There he saw Kongpob, braiding Mint's hair and Mint was telling him a funny story happened to her school.

"Then, papa came and the lady was a mad mad. She thought I was the one causing her son a trouble but then...."

Arthit couldn't help but to just listen outside of her room, next to the door. This is what he have been dreaming of, Mint with Kongpob having fun just like everyone else was a very sweet and precious moment to happen.

C H A P T E R | 26
by: anonymouslylazy