Chapter 24-Kismet 5/5 [NaruSasu]

A big thanks to my reviewers: Michiru, Nightborn Dreamer, MoJoJessJo, Emerald Panther, Nora D, Snowraven17, tatertotts, Ellisama, Hot-Emo-Athiest, Azh Hikari, niceladysakura, Kakashilovinganimefreak. Your words really touched me. :)

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. I make no profit from this, unfortunately.

Notes: The summary has been changed to better suit the story! As I have mentioned before, the story was supposed to be a regular mating story, but it grew into so much more. The old summary only fit the first chapter and that has got to be bad PR, so I changed it.

And it's debatable whether or not I should change the genre from 'drama' to 'humour', because the showdown is rather ridiculous and certainly not dramatic. Admittedly, I had planned a grand finale and all that jazz, but I kind of cracked somewhere down the road, but I still find it a little amusing. I like it when things don't turn out as expected, because it never does.

This is the first draft, posted now because I promised it. In the upcoming weeks, I will be tweaking the entire story to better suit my vision. Yes, I did have a vision when I began this story. And trust me, it looked nothing like this.

Regardless, I thank you for reading!

'Thoughts'

"Telepathic communication, sorta"

Emphasis on a word

The word can be found in the dictionary on the bottom of this page

Chapter 5: Imperative (not to be avoided or evaded: necessary)

"I don't get it." Sasuke said, scratching his head thoughtfully as Naruto looked up from the bag he was packing. "If Orochimaru has been in the village before, why didn't he break into the archives then?"

"He could've been sidetracked or maybe he just didn't know about it," the blonde replied, going over his pockets and counting the bagged weapons in front of him. "It doesn't matter anyway, because we know what he's doing this time around. We'll get him."

"Yeah, and in the meantime we'll leave the village to be handled by people like Mizuki." Sasuke said with obvious displeasure and scepticism. Naruto smirked as he made a grab for his mate. The raven allowed himself to be caught, even going as far as relishing in the swift kiss dropped on his forehead. The blonde had handled Sasuke's little confession admirably by taking it all in stride. Sasuke had yet to be jumped, but the blonde had definitely become bolder in showering him with affectionate gestures. And he gave him such tender looks of utter affection coupled with such sparklingly happy, blue eyes that Sasuke's heart always skipped a beat whenever he caught Naruto looking.

"You know how loyal he is to the village, and I'm sure he will do his best for Tsuyu. Besides, he hasn't showed himself because he's been placed in house arrest until you leave." Sasuke was awarded another reassuring kiss on the forehead. "You won't be seeing him again." Naruto promised, allowing Sasuke to wiggle out of his arms so the raven could continue his own preparations. The Uchiha grumbled under his breath about homicidal psychopaths, much to the blonde's amusement, but let the subject rest.

While Sasuke could finally accept the attraction and fondness he felt toward Naruto, he still found it hard to show affection in public. Naruto was always like that, open and with nothing to hide. If the blonde loved someone, he wanted the person to know it at all times, just to remove all doubt. Sasuke wasn't like that. His affections ran just as deeply, but he had a hard time showing it to all and sundry. The blonde didn't take much offense from it, but it still irked him a little to think that Naruto might not think his feelings were sincere.

Then again, considering the rocky start, Sasuke could easily convince himself to think that Naruto should feel very grateful with what Sasuke was willing give. While he had no trouble believing their relationship would eventually get to where it was right now, no matter the circumstances, the raven still considered himself quite forgiving. However, the bond probably eased the bumps in their relationship a little through the unusual connection they shared, making it easier for them to communicate once they tried to open up to each other.