xxxvi. loss

Crash.

Peter was screaming.

I turn around.

The world went black.

'Irene!'

'Irene! Get up! Please! You need - '

Crash.

My ears were ringing so loud that I couldn't here anything else for a second.

My eyes dart open.

I woke up with a violent shake, and found myself unable to move properly.

I was laying on the ground, my hand on my chest, and the other on the ground, towards the broken glass.

Panting heavily, I try to stir in my place, until I felt a stinging pain in the back of my head.

I bring my hand to the intense part of pain in the back, and slowly rub it, then check my fingers.

There was no blood.

Yet it still hurt.

It hurts to move, and breathe, but -

Oh my God. Peter.

Peter.

Peter was screaming.

Peter was screaming before I lost consciousness.

I slowly get up, holding on to the railing, in order to keep moving forward and inspect my surroundings.

"P-peter?" I manage to choke out. "Oh my God"

The living room of Happy's home was fulled of debris, and the remains of the destroyed furniture.

Glass was shattered all over the place and on the ground, along with the sand grains flying with the air.

I stop in my tracks, taking in a deep breath, before closing my eyes shut for a moment.

I have this. I can do this. I convince myself.

Making my way outside the broken door, I realized how much the whole building was knocked down.

"Oh my God, Peter needs my help" I cry out, water starting to collect under my eyes.