xlii. start of an end

After the cures were done, the three Peters had their ideas collected out together.

Their plan was meant to take place at the Statue of Liberty, which was under construction again, as Captain America's shield is being added to the monument.

The Peters luring the guys there is in order to avoid any damage or hurt towards the people of NewYork city, as because no one would be there for the night.

The Peters were checking the place around, discussing their final plans before the battle begins.

Ned and Mj, however, were ordered by Peter to stay in the lab with the magic box, as Ned opens and closes portals to the corresponding destinations.

And here I am, walking in the middle between both sides.

I was already changed to my suit. Though, while changing, I only noticed the purple area on the side of my stomach, and the cuts on my bare back.

I tried to heal as much bruises as I could, but I didn't feel like using my energy for them, as there's a big battle coming up.

Peter and I were bickering back and fourth, as I talked him in, if how I'm older than him, and how I should be the one present in the battle too.

He, nevertheless, had the most opposing point of view, so I obviously denied his wish.

And here I am now, standing against the iron railings, as Peter makes his speech to the world, featuring the true hell of an asshole, Jonah Jameson.

Peter is now live on Jameson's channel, the Daily Bugle, as the eldest Peter continues inspecting the place around, and the middle Peter was no where to be found.

"You came, huh?" Peter chuckles, waking over.

Speak of the devil.

"Well, I won't let Peter bust his ass alone, will I? What would that make me?"

"You have a point" he adds in, resting his arms on the railing next to me.

"Don't I always do?" I query with a grin, furrowing my eyebrows at him.

Peter lets out a breathless chuckle, looking over at me. "Hate to break it to you, but no. You don't always do" he smiles.

I pause for a second. It's dedicated, doesn't it? I, however, blend in with him.

"Hm? When I was ever wrong, Peter Parker?"

He eyes me, scoffing under his breath. "Well" he starts off, "you call me 'nerd' as an insult, but deep down, we both know that you like it"

Oh.

I expected something else.

I clear my throat, tilting my face to the other side, avoiding his gaze, embarrassed.

"What?" Peter smirks, moving closer.

I shake my head. "Nope, nothing"

"What, what?"

"Nothing!" I exclaim, trying to hide the grin creeping up my face, as I raise my hands up in surrender. "I don't -"

"Irene!" Mj calls from inside a portal that was just opened. "Jump in!"

I turn to look at Peter. "I guess that's my queue to leave for now"

Peter nods in response, pulling his mask back on as I make my way to the portal, getting in.

"Yes, Mj? You wanted to - Ah!"

I was cut off by Mj, who furiously pushed me down to the floor, her hands now covering her mouth as she gasped.