Scene 8 - Tegan?

In the hut in the jungle, the Doctor and Nyssa remain trapped by the Chumblies. The three different robots emit signals, and we see the flashing on their tops. Tegan was not seen in the Doctor or Nyssa's view.

Nyssa:

They can tell something is happening. The Daleks?

Doctor:

Undoubtedly. They can probably sense their activity through their mental presence by another source of transmitting energy. Even if their controllers could be all the way on the other side of the universe. Each Dalek conceals a radio transmitter than can link to a huge number of other Daleks. Try to take the lid off a Dalek and it sends an emergency message. Or if the mutant inside hasn't gotten to you first.

Nyssa:

What's the position now?

Chumblie 1:

THE DALEKS ARE BEGINNING TO SWARM ACROSS THE JUNGLE IN OUR DIRECTION! WE HAVE THEIR COURSE RELAYED FROM THE POWER OF THEIR RADIO TRANSMISSIONS!

Doctor:

Then we are already far too late to begin trying to salvage your ship for repairs. And maybe too late to return to my TARDIS safely now because of this needless dilly-dallying. Now, what have the Drahvines done to my friend?

Drahvin Huntress:

Here she is, Doctor.

The Drahvins present the new Tegan, a Drahvinised Tegan! She wears their uniform, their wig, and makeup, and carries a Drahvin gun in her hand. She stares blankly and under the influence of the Drahvines.

Nyssa:

Oh no.

Doctor:

Tegan? Tegan?

Drahvin Huntress:

It's no good now. She's under my control. She's quite harmless. And a rather attractive model she is too. Her original thought patterns are still intact. We have, however, inserted into her genetic makeup a sense of pride of Drahvin power. We induced a trance over her mind to follow, and obey our instructions.

Doctor:

The human brain is an extremely delicate thing. If anything happens to it, her brain may never be the same again. And you think toying over a human's genetics is anything to play with then you are sadly mistaken. Now, release her from the trance. Your fighting force will be useless against the Daleks.

Drahvin Huntress:

We shall put that to the test.

Doctor:

Well your Chumblie friends have already confirmed that they've left their spaceship and are headed this way.

The Chumblies bleep loudly.

Chumblies 1:

WE MUST ACT IMMEDIATELY! THE DALEKS ARE CLOSING IN ON OUR HUT!

Drahvin Huntress:

Then we must fight. You two, head outside. Fire at any sign of life.

Tegan and the first Drahvin leave.

Nyssa:

Tegan! Tegan!

Doctor:

It's no good now, Nyssa. There is nothing we can do.

We continue to see the Daleks marching through the jungle, burning it, and hunting for their targets. We cut between the Supreme Dalek with a standard grey Dalek, the blue and yellow Dalek and silver Dalek with the seismic detector, and the two flamethrower Daleks.

Dalek Supreme:

THE FLAMES OF THE JUNGLE PROVE DALEK FIREPOWER TO BE MORE THAN SATISFACTORY! THE POWER OF THE FLAME PROVIDES FEAR AND TERROR AMONG THE VICTIM!

Dalek 2:

THE POSITION OF THE ALIENS REMAINS THE SAME!

Dalek 3:

TOXIC FLAMES NOW RELEASED INTO THE ATMOSPHERE OF THE PLANET!

Dalek Supreme:

EXCELLENT! WE SHALL DIVIDE OURSELVES! WE SHALL HEAD TO THE SOUTH SECTION OF THE CAMP! THE SECOND PATROL SHALL ATTACK FROM THE NORTH! SQUEEZING THE NOOSE TIGHTLY!

Dalek 2/5:

WE OBEY!

The two Drahvines hiding in the bushes arm their weapons. They can see smoke in the distance rising into the sky.

Drahvin 1:

Our orders will be to counteract the enemy. We are to shoot at any form of life that we see.

Tegan speaks in a quick but monotone voice.

Tegan:

Their presence is close. Drahvins do not need oxygen to survive.

They wait for a moment, but then see rustling in the bushes, and fire their weapons. The green on their guns flash as they fire them. There is more scuffling in the bushes, something running away.

That was not a Dalek life form.

We cut back inside the hut.

Chumblie 1:

WE MUST HELP YOUR TROOPS HUNTRESS IN ORDER TO DEFEND OURSELVES AGAINST THE DALEK TASKFORCE! LET US JOIN YOUR FELLOW COMRADES!

Drahvin Huntress:

Very well. Don't worry about those two. If they want to run off and be left to dead by the Daleks, we wouldn't have anything to lose.

Two Chumblies leave.

Report to your superior of your progress.

The Doctor and Nyssa look at each other following the Huntress' previous statements...