Scene 3 - Spreading The Word

The Doctors, the Cybermen, and his friends can hear the crying of the boy all the way up from Shaun's bedroom. To them, it sounds like a small roar of an animal.

Doctor 3:

Talk about a strong-minded child.

Doctor 2:

Strong-minded only because his parents can't say no to him.

Cyber Leader:

WHY DOES THE BOY MAKE THAT SOUND!

Doctor 4:

Because they're his what you could call weaknesses. The boy wants something that he can't have. Therefore he makes noises because of it.

Cyber Leader:

AH, YES! HIS UNCONDITIONED EMOTIONAL STATE PRODUCES HIGH FREQUENCY NOISES!

Steven:

Then whilst he's distracted, we can get going then.

Doctor 1:

Yes. And quickly. It won't be long before the parents give into what he wants.

Steven:

Will the Toymaker be able to see what we are doing? He did say he was still observing us.

Doctor 1:

I doubt it. Observing the boy's actions and his needs. In the meantime, he stands in the foreground.

Celestial Toymaker:

Quite right, Doctor!

The Toymaker stood above them, beside the bed looking down over them all. The Doctors and the others were all taken by surprise.

It seems as though you really have been cut down to size.

Steven:

Why don't you come down here and prove it?

Doctor 3:

No, Steven. Steven. Any force you use on him will just be turned against you.

Celestial Toymaker:

Quite right, Doctor. As you say, I am only a mere observer. But a capable observer I am.

Doctor 2:

If you're so powerful, why don't you just turn us back into toys and leave us where we're supposed to be?

Celestial Toymaker:

That will not be necessary. Already you begin to feel the plastic hardening over your limbs.

Doctor 1 definitely feels the effects.

Doctor 1:

Yes. Then I'm sure it will start to affect the rest of us.

Doctor 2:

I certainly am. It's beginning to catch up.

Celestial Toymaker:

In that case, for the rest of you, enjoy your freedom whilst you can. Because very soon you will remain trapped forever, and there will be no chance of freeing yourselves again.

The Toymaker departs again.

Steven:

Well is he just going to leave us?

Doctor 3:

That's all he can do. His commands are instructed by that of what the boy's wishes. And the fact that he doesn't have to try. Can't you already feel your muscles stiffening up a little?