Scene 2 - Chocolate

We see Shaun head down into the kitchen in a strop. His mother is busy at the sink cleaning the dishes from dinner. Margret Splint has filled the sink up with soapy water and begins cleaning the plates when Shaun angrily arrives. She keeps her cool and remains aware that her dignity must not be spoilt by her son.

Margret:

Are you quite alright there, Shaun?

Shaun:

I want my chocolate. Now!

Margret:

Well, Shaun, you will have to wait a little longer because I am currently cleaning up the plates for your dinner.

Shaun throws a tantrum, and his mother ignores him. The boy throws himself onto the floor.

You will need a plate if you had any chocolate with you.

He begins screaming. The mother then gives in to his demands. She then takes her gloves off and hurries over to her son to comfort him by bending down and placing her hand over him.

It's alright, son. We will go out and get you some chocolate immediately before they shut. Your father will take you. And I will get you your favourite bowl.

The father calls in from the lounge.

Glee:

What did you say I will do?

Margret:

Take our son for his chocolate.

Glee:

Well you said they were out of stock as well.

The boy screams and cries even louder.

Shaun:

I WANT MY CHOCOLATE, NOW!

Margret:

Well, we will go to another store and see if there is anything there for you. Your father will take you there straight away.

The mother then returns to her cleaning the dishes...