Scene 5 - Useless Rays

The world around Mira darkens its light significantly. The planet becomes darkly lit with an evil black sky. The Doctor and the others see the hut in the distance throughout the jungle forestry. It's a large wooden built shack capable of supporting and housing several people inside.

Drahvin Huntress:

There. A secondary hideout built by my warriors with their bare hands by using the jungle around them.

We see the shack, then see the Chumblies flashing danger again.

Chumblie 1:

IMMEDIATE DANGER AGAIN! IMMEDIATE DANGER AGAIN!

The cackling of the bear sounds. It jumps from nowhere as it begins to attack Nyssa! She screams and hurries away before the horrid bear can grab her. The bear cackles.

Grizzly Bear:

COME ON! WE WANT TO PLAY!

It does however reach to grab a Chumblie and reduce it to dust.

Doctor:

Quickly! Into the shelter!

They quickly dash as the cackling bear pursues them. The wooden door is opened. The Drahvines, Nyssa, the Chumblie figurehead, and the Doctor hurry in. The Doctor slams the door shut and locks it. The bear still laughs as they hear it coming towards the hut.

Grizzly Bear:

COME ON! WE WANT TO PLAY!

Doctor:

Is there another way out of here?

Drahvin Huntress:

No. Unless we burn through the material again.

They all come into the centre. The Doctor shushes everyone.

Doctor:

Quiet. Let us listen.

The creature cackles again. They hear it around the hut, stomping around it.

Grizzly Bear:

COME ON OUTSIDE AND PLAY WITH US!

It giggles maniacally.

Nyssa:

Will someone just say what that things is and how it just comes from nowhere to attack us.

The Chumblies flash their lights as they compute their final understandings of the bear.

Chumblie 1:

OUR CONCLUSION TO OUR ANALYSIS OF THE FUGITIVE IS NOT COMPLETE! THE FUGITIVE OUTSIDE IS IN A SENSE NOT REALLY WHERE IT SEEMS IN YOUR SENSE!

Drahvin Huntress:

What?

Chumblie 1:

THE BEING CAN SITUATE ITSELF IN MORE THAN ONE POSITION THROUGHOUT THE JUNGLE! IT IS ALL ONE BEING AT ONE POINT BUT HAS THE ABILITY TO SPLIT ITSELF THROUGH A MOMENT IN TIME AND STRIKE!

Doctor:

So it's been following us very easily. And has been able to attack us as well as the Daleks at the same time.

CRASH! SMASH! The hut's walls are smashed in by the bear outside. It cackles another childish laugh. The Drahvin Huntress fires in the direction of the bear. ZAM! ZAM! ZAM!

Drahvin Huntress:

YOU DON'T SCARE US, WHATEVER YOU ARE! YOU HEAR? We will fight you to the last man then let you take us down.

The Chumblies flash their lights again.

Chumblie 1:

DALEK FORCE NOW SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED IN NUMBERS! THE REMAINS OF THEIR FORCES ARE FOLLOWING IN OUR DIRECTION!

We then see the three Daleks in the jungle following the path. The seismic detector points forward for the Dalek to register.

Dalek 2:

DETECTOR NOW REGAINED STABILITY! SHOWING PRESENCE OF AN UNSPECIFIED LIFE FORM!

Dalek Supreme:

LOGICAL SUGGESTION IS THE DISTURBANCE IS THE HOSTILE FUGITIVE! PREPARE TO EXTERMINATE!

The Daleks point their guns up, and we hear the cackling of the bear again. It emerges from the bushes in the jungle and waddles forward with its arms out in front.

Grizzly Bear:

There you are my friends. You've come to play!

The Daleks, in their ordered line with the Supreme at the front and the two silver Daleks behind, immediately fire at the bear. But the bright Apure lighting has no effect on it. It laughs again and continues waddling at them. The Daleks increase power and become tense.

Dalek Supreme:

MAXIMUM POWER! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

The bear keeps waddling towards them, towering over the Daleks. The three Daleks shake, suggesting their inability to kill the creature, and knowing their doomed fate. The camera shoots high to see the petty efforts of the Daleks...

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

We then hear the burning sound of the bear killing the Daleks...