Scene 3 - Ungrateful

From the fading light, we cut to a different scene where we see a boy in the dining room in a relatively large house. The furniture and set are decorated from previous sets from other series. We see Shaun, the boy we see with the Toymaker, in the dining room doing something on a sheet of paper, probably drawing cartoons or stick men. The sound of the front door to the house is opened and closed. The father of the spoilt child, Glee Splint has returned home from work. He is in a smart business suit with a black jacket and case. We do not see him yet but hear his voice.

Glee:

I'm home!

The unhappy boy ignores him. The upper-class and unnatural mother with a posh accent calls for her son. A composed woman, the selfish mother hides the fact that her son is a spoilt and unpleasant child who hasn't been taught respect.

Margret:

Shaun. Your father's home. Are you going to greet him?

Shaun still ignores him. The father heads into the dining room. The mother then arrives to greet her husband after a long, hard day at work. The Toymaker is present in the room too when he comes in with the adults. He however stands as a guest and a mere humble onlooker with his hands by his side. The father carries not only his case but also a shopping bag which contains various toys inside.

Glee:

Shaun. I'm home.

Margret:

Aren't you going to say welcome home to your father? And welcome our guest we have?

The boy keeps ignoring him. The father shakes the bag.

Glee:

On the way from work I was able to get you some more toys.

Shaun then gets up, now apparently excited and overjoyed with lots of bouncy energy.

Shaun:

Have you? Cool!

The boy tries to get open the bag, but his father empties the bag onto the table. Out pours the new figures in 5.5 inch for of the Doctor, Turlough, Tegan, the Daleks, a few Varga plants, and the Monoids! They too had been reduced to action figure form. The excited boy quickly goes through them. The Toymaker gives a cold smile. Proud of the work he has achieved of reducing the Doctor to mere toys, he delights in seeing the excitement of Shaun's reaction to new toys. We see the toys carefully from the camera view. Shaun then becomes disappointed when he sees the toys, not hoping for what they were. He makes sad sounds and ducks his head down, mumbling his words.

I don't want them.

Celestial Toymaker:

Well Shaun, do you like your new toys? These are particularly special toys. Toys that are yours to keep in your collection forever.

Shaun:

I don't want them.

Margret:

What's the matter, Shaun? Do you not like them?

Shaun:

I didn't want those toys. They're rubbish.

Glee:

I think they're rather good figures. Our guest was able to acquire them for you in your impressive collection. We will have to move house with the amount of toys you have in your room.

Margret:

Aren't you going to say thank you to the gentlemen?

Shaun then flips. He turns bright red and shouts ungratefully at his parents.

Shaun:

DON'T YOU STUPID PEOPLE UNDERSTAND, I DON'T WANT THOSE TOYS! I ALREADY HAVE THEM! WHY CAN'T YOU EVER GIVE ME SOMETHING I EVER WANT! YOU NEVER EVER, EVER GIVE ME WHAT I WANT AND IT'S NOT FAIR!

Margret:

Shaun!

Shaun:

YOU NEVER GIVE ME ANYTHING! NEVER, EVER! YOU ARE THE WORST PARENTS IN THE WORLD!

The boy then dashes out of the room and heads upstairs for his room. His parents sigh, allowing their son to disrespect them. Margret keeps her polite attitude up...