Scene 3 - Grizzly Bear

The Doctor, Nyssa, the Drahvines, and Chumblies stop at an open space in the jungle. They have heard the Dalek saucer explode and stop to rest.

Drahvin Huntress:

Seems as though what's gotten at us seem to have taken more of a dislike to the Daleks. Just as well for us then.

Doctor:

Don't think it's all's well and end's well. The Daleks are vulnerable now. Something is destroying their squadron, and now understand they're under threat. Right now, that means they're even more deadly than ever.

Chumblie 1:

A TRANSMISSION HAS BEEN SENT TO THE DALEK MOTHER SHIP REPORTING OF THE DALEK'S PROGRESS ON MIRA! REINFORCEMENTS WILL BE ARRIVING TO ASSIST!

Doctor:

You see?

Nyssa:

Doctor, what about Tegan? You saw what it did to her.

Doctor:

Yes. Yes, I know, Nyssa.

Drahvin Huntress:

She made a good warrior for the time that she was. And with more experience and training, would have made an excellent Huntress.

Doctor:

Oh is that all you have to say about it?

Nyssa:

She was our friend. You wouldn't like it if your troops died in vein.

Drahvin Huntress:

That is of no importance. She is a soldier. A soldier who sacrifices and fights for the interests of my people.

Nyssa:

No importance? You call your soldiers of no importance? Well let me tell you something Huntress or whatever qualifications you claim to have, when it...

Nyssa seems like she is about to break into tears. The Doctor steps in to make her feel better and takes her over to one side.

Doctor:

Yes. Yes, Nyssa.

The Doctor ponders to himself.

Are you quite sure they were vaporised by the bear? I wonder. Chumblie Figurehead? You lost one of your troops to that bear. Can you get yourselves to find contact of the Chumblie?

Chumblie 1:

WE ARE UNABLE TO CONTACT HIM! WE CANNOT TRACE HIS POSITION! HE THEREFORE IS GONE!

Doctor:

Are you quite sure?

Chumblie 1:

WE DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES, DOCTOR! WE ARE QUITE SURE!

Doctor:

Then how much do you know about it? What species is it? Or is it a robot or an android?

Chumblie 1:

WE CANNOT IDENTIFY THE INDIVIDUAL WHETHER IT IS WHAT YOU SAY! OUR SENSORS CANNOT COMPUTE A FULL ANALYSIS OF ITS ADAPTIONS OR BIOLOGY!

Doctor:

Well, whatever it is, it's far too suave and cunning in the way it sneaks up on its victims and the way it kills. And unless we don't find a way we can stop the bear and the Daleks, we won't be around here for much longer.

The Huntress approaches the Doctor.

Drahvin Huntress:

We've had our rest. We need to keep moving. So we are shielded in cover.

The Chumblies flash their lights and bleep a signal.

Chumblie 1:

DANGER! IMMEDIATE DANGER! TRACE OF HOSTILE INTRUDER RESURFACED!

The Drahvines and Chumblies aim their armaments out. The Doctor takes Nyssa.

Nyssa:

This thing comes wherever whenever.

Doctor:

Indeed. Unless it moves very, very fast or it can materialise itself wherever it wants. And it's proved worthy against the Daleks. Then your firearms won't do any good.

The cackle of the bear sounds. It emerges from the jungle forestry and begins approaching in their direction.

Grizzly Bear:

TIME FOR LOTS OF CUDDLES! TIME FOR LOTS OF CUDDLES! CUDDLES MAKE ME FEEL HAPPY! AND WILL MAKE YOU FEEL HAPPY TOO!

Doctor:

In this case, I have a better solution in times like this.

Drahvin Huntress:

Yes?

Doctor:

Run.

As the bear waddles closer and closer, the Doctor and his friends hurry away. We see the bear looking at us, directly at the camera view with its arms extended out.

Grizzly Bear:

CUDDLES MAKE ME HAPPY! CUDDLES WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY TOO!

It then laughs maniacally again. The Doctor and his friends keep hurrying through the jungle.

Doctor:

How much further?

Drahvin Huntress:

It will be in sight from around here...