Scene 9 - Spreading The Word

Around the other side of the bed, the two TARDISes begin to materialise. It remains in a dark part of the room where it is not seen by those usually because it is hidden from view. Shaun will not be able to hear it because he is shouting and screaming too much and the TARDISes are too small for him to hear. The Doctors all step out from their TARDISes, one at a time where they hide in the corner and quietly begin to discuss how to get themselves out of their situation.

Doctor 1:

We should be safe here I should think. As long as we remain quiet, we should go unnoticed.

Doctor 3:

Each of us can only move when the boy is gone and not here.

Doctor 4:

And come to think of it, we shouldn't be here together at all really. Only in the greatest of emergencies.

Doctor 3:

Even if it was not of our own making.

Doctor 4:

Exactly.

Doctor 2:

You know, we don't appear to be the only ones who can move about. Seems as if the Cybermen are free from the spell of the Toymaker.

Doctor 1:

Then it might be nice to have a little chat. No doubt they'd be wanting to do the same and get out of this wretched bedroom.

Doctor 3:

You'd think the boy would only want only one version of me. But he seems to have gotten a little obsessed over us.

Doctor 4:

Well, it is a marvellous sculpt of a figure with such a handsome and youthful face and a most agreeable outfit.

Doctor 1:

Yes. Seems as though the attire...

He winces. His body was stiffening a little.

Ah.

Doctor 2:

You alright?

Doctor 1:

Fine. I suddenly feel less mobile.

Doctor 3:

I doubt we will be free forever like this to roam about the bedroom like spiders underneath his bed.

Doctor 2:

And it won't be long before it catches up with the rest of us in time.

Doctor 1:

Can't you remember what we did? You're the oldest of us all?

Doctor 4:

Oldest and wisest, maybe. But by multiple selves of us being here means that there can only be one pattern of one's memory who can remember such events when they're over when we are all together.

Doctor 1:

The eldest. Of course. Sorry, I was forgetting.

Doctor 2:

This is probably not the best question to ask, speaking of the future, but how come I see more versions of Tegan throughout the rest of our time than Adric or Nyssa?

The later Doctors turn to each other, looking for an answer.

Doctor 3:

More happened to them on our travels, I suppose.

Doctor 4:

More varied outfits to create new varied figures.

Doctor 3:

And varied DNA. The Drahvines are trying to change her into one of them.

Doctor 4:

And we can't tell if the process is complete, or whether the Drahvin DNA is being rejected from her body at this moment.

Doctor 1:

More to the point! How are we going to stop the Celestial Toymaker and send all of us home!

Doctor 4:

Well, these figures are created for us because the boy wanted them, yes?

Doctor 1:

Yes?

Doctor 4:

Then we need to stop him from wanting it as such. The Toymaker will therefore stop giving him what he wants, and that will return us back to our proper time and place.

Doctor 2:

An ingenious solution there, Doctor.

The two shake hands.

Doctor 4:

Thank you, Doctor.

Doctor 2:

You sure that's what we did and have done?

Doctor 4:

Or will do.

Doctor 3:

Well it won't take much. Just four of us and a handful of Cybermen.

Doctor 1:

Then we can try to get more support. More of us moving if possible. Enough to strike against the boy.

Doctor 2:

Then we need as much support as we can. Every monster, every alien, every creature. All of which will strike fear and terror into the boy and force him to surrender himself.

Doctor 4:

And as the Toymaker said, the imaginations of a boy are incredibly powerful. He will see them as real when they're live action animated beings, and will believe them all to be real, and after him.

Doctor 3:

It sounds all rather easy, only when Shaun isn't present.

Doctor 2:

We have two TARDISes we can use. The more of us there are, the quicker we can spread the word.

The boy stops his sulking. He gets up. Heavy footsteps thump in the direction of the Doctors. They freeze. The four of them whisper quietly.

Doctor 4:

Freeze. Stay where we are.

Doctor 3:

Can he find us by the vibrations from our feet?

Doctor 2:

I don't see how he could. But we can detect him.

Doctor 1:

Ssssh, he's coming this way.

The thumping in their way continues.

Doctor 2:

You know what will happen when he finds us.

Doctor 3:

Undoubtedly.

Doctor 1:

Well, we're about to find out. Here he comes...

The thumping stomps. A looming shadow bends over the Doctors...

End.

(End credits)

AND YOU CAN FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT TO THE DOCTORS TOMORROW NIGHT AT THE SAME TIME ON BBC1! AND VIEWERS OF THE GOOD DOCTOR MAY LIKE TO KNOW THAT CURRENTLY ON DISPLAY AT LONGLEAT HOUSE IN WILTSHIRE IS THE SPECIAL DOCTOR WHO EXHIBITION OPEN TO THE PUBLIC THROUGHOUT THE SPRING AND SUMMER FEATURING VARIOUS GUEST APPEARANCES OF THE DOCTORS, HIS COMPANIONS, AND EXHIBITS OF HIS VARIOUS ADVERSARIES!