Chapter 7: You're the Only one I Want

“I bet they’ll be together by next week.” Minerva said as she stood in the hospital wing with Dumbledore.  

“Far too soon Minerva. I say they won’t be together until after the yule ball.” Dumbledore replied, staring at your sleeping forms. 

“I bet you 10 Galleons.”  Minerva added.

“Deal.” He smirked, watching as Severus’ arms were wrapped around your waist and your arms were wrapped around his neck. Your face pressed into his firm chest and Severus’ head resting on top of yours. “Have they been like this all night?”  Dumbledore asked Madam Pomfrey. 

“Yes. I know Severus, he doesn’t have much patience but he was surprisingly patient with her last night.”  

“We should let them rest.”  Minerva motioned for Dumbldore to follow her out of the hospital wing. 

“We’ll be in the great hall preparing for the students to come down for breakfast. Once they wake up please join us, Poppy.”  Dumbledore gave a small nod then left with Minerva.

“I will sir.”

After they left Madam Pomfrey went to her office to get the anxiety potion she had brewed you the night before. She looked through her pantry and wrote down a list of all the things she would need to gather from the grounds tonight.  She had gotten everything she needed from the forbidden forest a few days ago so there was no need to go there tonight. Instead her and Severus would only be retrieving plants near the castle grounds. She needed things such as Puffapod, Dittany and Moly. She made two lists, one for her and one for Severus.

As soon as Madam Pomfrey finished her list she went over to wake you and Severus so you both wouldn’t miss breakfast.  Putting both her list and the list for Severus in her pocket she went over to your bed side. 

“Severus.” She gave him a gentle shake. He opened his eyes but he looked extremely dazed. He wiped his face with his hand and looked up at the older witch.  

“Hmm, Oh hello Madam Pomfrey.”  He mumbled out.  

“Good morning dear. Breakfast will be starting soon so you and miss Potter should get going so you don’t miss it. I put Miss Y/N’s potion on the table, make sure she knows to take it every morning.” Her face was wrinkled but she always had a motherly smile on her face.  

“Thank Madam Pomfrey, I’ll wake her.”  He nodded and she walked off. He slowly untangled himself from you and pulled up the covers, pretending like he had sat in the chair all night as opposed to sleeping in your bed with you. After he was all situated he reached over and shook your hand.  

“Y/N, Y/N wake up.” He half whispered.  He saw you start to stir but you simply turned away from the noise. He rolled his eyes, then huffed, then smiled.  He walked around the other side of the bed and kneeled next to your face.  “Y/N!” He yelled.  You flung yourself out of the bed and fell on top of Severus.  

“Oof.”  He exclaimed as you landed on top of him.  

“Ugh, you deserved that.”  Your front was pressed against his and you were resting on your forearms. 

“I needed to wake you up somehow.”  

“A simple shake would have sufficed.”  You rolled your eyes. 

“Are you going to get off of me?”  He asked after a moment of silence.  

“I’m debating, but I don’t think I will.” You smirked. 

“Fine.”  He put his hands around your waist and rolled you both over so he was on top. “Hm, not so fun now is it?”  

“I never said that.”  You watched as his face started to heat up and turn bright red.