Chapter 22: Please Remember

“I can’t believe there’s no counter spell, or potion that can reverse the effects. All we can do is sit around and hope that my brother didn’t cast the spell correctly, and even then who knows how long until the effects wear off.” Regulus sighed as they all sat in the library wondering what to do next.  

“At least your brother’s not the best wizard.” Remus commented.

“He’s supposed to be your best friend.” 

“Yes so I know that Sirius doesn’t focus when he casts spells 99% of the time.” 

“This says that reenacting meaningful events in this person's life can make their memories come back sooner.” Lucius commented while he read from a book in the library on memory spells. 

“You heard Severus, he doesn't want to help. He thinks it’ll only hurt her.” Regulus reminded him. 

“Once he realizes how much he misses her he’ll come to his senses and realize that he wants her in his life. This is all we can do today so I suggest we all get back to our dorms before we get in trouble for not only being in the restricted section but for being out past curfew.” Lucius explained. 

“Good idea. I need to get back before they all realize they’ve been drugged.” Remus replied. 

“Night. Thank you Remus.” 

“You’re welcome.” 

**********************

“What are you still doing awake?” Lucius asked when he walked into their dorm room to see Severus wide awake.

“I’m thinking.” He muttered, not paying his friend any mind. 

“You want to fix this. You miss her already and you know it’s only going to get harder.” Lucius pointed out while he changed out of his clothes and into his sleep clothes. 

“It’s hard to think with you babbling.” He groaned in annoyance. 

“Well it’s hard not to babble when I know you’re full of shit. You miss her, you can tell me over and over again that you think this is what’s best for her but I know you don’t believe it and even if you did believe it it’s killing you. It’s only going to hurt worse tomorrow when you have to sit next to her in class and she doesn’t remember a thing about you other than the bullshit James and the others have been telling her.” Lucius snarled. “I don’t want to see you get upset but this is ridiculous. I know you love her, the fact that you're giving up on her so easily is scary because it’s not you.”  

“Everytime I think I have this figured out they come back with something worse, Lucius and 9 times out of 10 it’s used on Y/N not me. When I kissed Lily, that hurt Y/N more than it hurt me. When Lily flirted with me, that hurt Y/N more than it hurt me. I don’t want to keep watching her get hurt just so I can be happy with her, it’s selfish.” Severus spat. 

“And if Y/N knew what you were doing what would she say? She would hate what you’re doing and do you know why? Because she’d think that you were giving up on everything the two of you have built, do you really want to do that? If she wakes up from all this, are you going to want her to know that you sat there and did nothing to help get her memories back.”

“What do you mean when she gets her memories back. You know something I don’t Lucius what is it.” Severus asked, standing from his bed. 

“Me and Regulus did some digging along with Remus and found the spell that Sirius and James used on Y/N. There is no way for her memories back unless the spell was not cast strongly or properly and considering Sirius is the one that cast it there's a good chance he did it wrong. Even Remus said that Sirius doesn’t focus when casting spells so there is a good chance that this could wear off. Remember that because when she finds out you were even thinking about giving up on her she will have your head on a platter and I will help her! Now get your head out of your ass and go get your girl Severus Snape!”