💎The End💎

Captain's pov:

Jacob still had it in him to piss him off to an edge that drove him crazy. Where he vanished among the crowded street was another mistake Captain couldn't afford. Wes had caught up to him, his chest moving up and down with struggling breaths.

"He ran away again?" Wes asked. Yes, Mr. Obvious, I wanted to shout at his face but there was no point. They don't have time for this.

"Check all the security cameras around here. We need to find him if he...if he hurts Jen I-"

"Yes, don't worry about me, Captain. It doesn't matter if poor Wes dies from an asthmatic attack on-street or that he just possibly exchanged his body for food. All that matters is your love life yes!"

"Wait you did what?!" I asked confused but Wes only sighed back. "I will go check the cameras. You go check Jen. I notified Kevin"

"You did what!" I grabbed his collar and Wes let out an irritated huff as we got in an intense staring contest. "Clint, I figured I should have called Kevin sooner. With all the talk of revenge, he was spewing that day. Maybe he will lead us right next to Jacob who knows. We just got to play it in the way he wants. Honestly, we have run out of options"

"Fine! If anything goes wrong...well you can consider yourself fired" I said, jogging towards my jeep whose gate was left in a hurry when I had run to catch Jacob.

"Yeah, at least I can punch in you in the face after getting fired"

When I sat in the jeep ready to fly this thing if I must to go back to my Jen, I saw a waitress butting heads with Wes who had his best 'I am friendly person smirk' on his ridiculous face. Just what exactly does he mean by he sold himself for food?

Jen's pov:

Bastard Captain has left me alone again. I had woken up the happiest person expecting to see a charming cold man beside me and only found an empty side of the bed. No notes. Well, at least he made breakfast. Good going, Clint. Our relationship hasn't even started and you are already behaving like a bad son of a gun. I contemplated ways how to torture him when he came back for living me alone in the 19th-century jail cell he believed was a house. Some of the ways that included teasing him till death or onto the bed brought out a naughty giggle from me. But my happiness was short-lived when I became curious after the silence and time passed. It's been hours, just where is he exactly?

And so curiosity kills the cat. And like the curious person I am, I roamed around the house searching for anything interesting to pass my leisure time with. Nowadays the only interesting thing in my life included Captain Clint, Captain Clint, and Captain Clint. I giggled again as I found a room that Captain Clint hasn't shown me yet. Like a curious cat, I peered inside, feeling not a hint of guilt or shame as I wandered inside. I closed the door behind me with a mischievous smile that I knew drove Captain bonkers.

"No going back now" I whispered to myself. And all the words melted in my tongue as I got the first look at the pictures on the wall. There is no going back now.

Captain's pov:

Fortunately, the door wasn't open when he reached his house. His heart pumped tightly and with uncertainty in his ribs. He was scared, an emotion he rarely ever felt. He needed to see her now. Safe. Secure. But the hauntingly silent house only made him more nervous. Just where was she? She wasn't in his room or the kitchen. The times he had spent with her in this house, she never stayed so quiet. She couldn't be so...still. His stomach dropped when he found the door open of the room he has foolishly forgotten to unlock. Another mistake. He slowly opened the gate and almost sighed out in relief but a white paper neatly folded on the table ahead had him suck his breath.

Captain,

I don't know what I was doing until I met you, to be honest. The memories are vague. But they all involved working and working some more. Especially since Ralph had cheated on me. But when you came, it was the first time in months that I finally stopped running aimlessly around. I don't regret anything we shared. I cherish those memories well. And I don't think you meant for any of this to happen. Only if you had told me, only if...you had warned me...maybe-

But this changed thins after all. For us. For whatever that was between us. I hope it wasn't a lie. I hope so Captain. Because I don't want to hate you. I do hate you but I don't want to hate you more than this. So please, forget me. We have had separate ways from the start and I should realize this earlier before things got out of hand. I can't help but despise us both. Thank you for saving me countless times. I will repay your gratitude someday, I promise

Jen