💎Immature Actions💎

Jen's pov:

Jen's pov:

"What do you mean by that?" I asked Captain Clint beside me who had no idea of the sudden distress and coldness of my face. He visibly relaxed on the couch and relief reflected from his voice when he uttered-

"That means that I will no longer control you around and a new Commando will get assigned for you. Amazing right? I certainly feel that way. I am also tired of your useless talks and foolish actions"

I saw red at that moment. When the panic subsided enough for the anger to take over, I scooted closer to the Cruel Captain, taking his collar in my hand.

Startled by my action, his eyes grew wide and turned into a darker shade of stormy grey. The storm roared in my pair of brown as well. "You,...How dare you? You can't do that!"

"You are not going to tell me what I can or cannot do Ms." He replied and if that's possible, his eyes turned a bit darker, to an edge of something that is probably better left unknown. His eyes dropped down on my lips and then back up in my eyes. Only then did I notice this proximity of our faces from each other. My breath became shallow as a plan came into my mind.

A plan to taunt that unknown edge.

And I wonder how it would feel to close that distance between us. I caught myself in time when hunger appeared on that edge. Scared to my bones, I shivered. Reality and the possible consequences of my actions danced in my mind. I moved back a millimeter, not yet ready to move away from him, all the way. But that was all it took to soothe the storm inside of us.

"I can bloody well do that Captain. It's my life on the line here. I...I am scared. Dad said you are best and still they managed to hunt us down in the car before. How can I trust anyone else this way? No one else got hurt, right? The other families are all fine. It's me they have attacked three times. It's personal. It's about my dad, Isn't it?"

"You didn't seem very worried about your life when you decided to join that meeting in your office" He taunted me and slipped away from my finger.

I flexed my fingers, dropping my hand down on my lap, I scoffed. "That was because...because you were with me" I realized how true the words were. Yes, Captain is not a very pleasant person to be with but I did feel safe around him. And not to forget he is very good at shooting bad guys.

"I am sorry, I have already assigned someone else for you" He shrugged with no hint of being sorry on his cruel face.

"Something tells me that your irritation for me is at the same personal level as the assassinators who want my head" I shot him a venomous look.

Stop it, you can't force him to save you. If he doesn't care, you can't do anything about it.

He doesn't care about me. He doesn't care if I end up getting shot or dead. He only saved me because he was ordered to. And honestly, it shouldn't bother me at all. Since his job is to follow the orders he is told to follow. The job he shared with my dad but still...it bothered me.