💎Trail💎

Captain's pov:

Captain's pov:

"Can't you drive faster than that?" Wes furrowed his brows but increased the speed anyway.

"At this point, the speed meter will break Clint"

"How can you joke in this situation? They might hurt her damn it" I shouted. Wes chuckled some more while driving like a maniac in the streets.

"You are going to give us a very bad reputation among cops here" He commented between his chuckles when we drove past a few startled cops.

"You think I care?" I answered.

I hope she is safe. If anything happens to her...I....I...will..........I will lose my job. Yeah, that's it, I will lose my job. I can't lose my job, not until I find that son of bitch.

That's the reason I am so worried. Right?

We drove like a maniac and when the location Michael texted me came near and near, I got more and more restless. Near the hotel road, Jen and Michael were in, a shiny red Ferrari drove ahead of us just as maniacally. I looked at Wes for a fraction of a second. When we looked again, three black Toyotas overtook our jeep. They followed the red car in a hot trail.

"What is happening?" Wes asked, confused. My eyes snapped back on the red car.

"Shit! Wes go faster, that's Director's son!"

Wes didn't need any more instructions. I opened the window on my side. Taking out my favorite sniper rifle, I aimed at the tire of the nearest black Toyota.

Target. Hit. Snap.

It was on point, the tire burst, and the car skidded to a side, making way for us. Now we were driving a little behind the other two black Toyotas. Before they could react, I shot at the back window. The glass broke easily, opening the backspace wide open for me. Opening the car door, I leaned outside the car. The wind hit on my face like a slap because of the speed we drove in.

"You know what to do," I shouted at Wes.

He nodded. I jumped inside the car with the broken window. The man in the seat beside the driver aimed at me but I shot him first. The driver cursed and turned to shoot at me. The shot missed my stomach by a centimeter. I kicked the man and pushed his head on steering. The car went out of control, going haywire. He punched my stomach, I groaned and kicked the gun out of his hand. The car hit a pole, stopping finally.

"Why are you following Ralph? He is your accomplice, isn't he? Then why are you following him?" I asked and pressed the gun hard in his neck. A vein popped in his head.

"I am not going to say anything" The man blurted out and spit near my foot.

Now, why did he do that? I just bought those shoes. Go ahead, call me petty but it hurt my heart. It's not like I am so rich that I can buy them again. I punched the man repeatedly on the face and pushed his face further in the steering, the honk of the car went bonkers. Outside a car blasted. I am not worried about Wes, it's probably the other car. I looked in front, the red car was nowhere to be seen.

Run all you want. I will catch you soon Ralph.

I punched the man again, he fainted, falling on the gear. I got out of the car, this time using the gate to get out. Wes brushed his shirt and some of the glass pieces fell like a shower.

He looked in the mirror of the safe Toyota, "They ruined my hair damn it!"

"Wes!" I whispered pointing towards the heading car towards us, the third one. I should have fired in the fuel tank.

"Target" Wes called out suddenly. I stared at him shocked. He winked at me, his brown eyes twinkling with excitement.

"Hit," We both said together as we shot and the bullet hit straight at the driver and the man beside him.

"Snap" He completed chuckling. Despite the situation a chuckle escaped my mouth, I bent down breathing hard, and held my knees. He patted my back.

"Good to see you laugh like that Captain. It's been a while"

I decided to ignore his comment. Straightening my back, I walked towards the jeep and got in the driver's seat. Wes hesitated but got in anyway.

"Director's son ran away," Wes said frustrated.

"Oh he can only go to one place," I said bitterly.

"Let me guess. To his girlfriend?"

"She is not his girlfriend" I corrected. Then I took the steering in my hand and inhaled deeply.

"Hey take it easy, it's my jeep's first time with you"

***

"Did you think it's free real estate? WHY WERE YOU DRIVING MY PRECIOUS BABY SO HARSHLY??"

I ignored Wes and got into the elevator. The people around us gave us a terrifying look before the gate closed.

I especially made sure to stare at them from my scarred eye. I usually frighten people with my looks. It makes them wonder how I got that scar and it screams dangerous. They get uncomfortable and turn away. Even Alissa who is so stuck to me, turned away sometimes. Out of disgust? Probably.

It surprises me why she hasn't. Why does Jen stare at my scar like... as if she likes it? It reminded me of someone. And even though it shouldn't have, it made my heart warm.

Guilty. How much more guilty can I get? Ever since I have met her. A pang of guilt has been stuck to me. Michael knows it. He can see right through me sometimes. We could have been friends if it wasn't for that cursed trip.

I ran into the corridor as soon as the elevator opened. Wes followed closely behind me. I entered the room and stopped. My eyes grew wide as I saw the scene in front.

He is kissing her.

Kissing her. And Jen kissed him back?

I followed his hand movement as he reached down below her waist and pushed something white inside her back pocket. Jen seemed too lost to notice anything. Of course, she didn't notice! She is enjoying herself. I chuckled lightly at the irony and my stupidity.

"I thought you said she isn't his girlfriend" Wes muttered under his breath. I turned and pushed him outside the room with me. Michael came running at the same time, a doctor with him.

"Captain" He greeted and quickly walked inside with the doctor.

I dropped down on the floor outside. Breathing hard and too tired. Closing my eyes I leaned on the wall. Wes decided to join me.

"You okay Captain?" He asked, using a warmer tone than he usually does.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked, in a neutral voice.

Don't think. Just forget it all. I chanted in my mind.

"She looks so much-"

"Can you shut your trap? It's annoying. Go inform General and the Director"

"Yes Captain"

I inhaled again. I banged my head against the wall frustrated. Damn it, why did I have to see that?

Why do I want to throw Ralph out of the window or drive a jeep on his body? Why do I want to cut the hands that touched her and caressed her?

But she isn't even...she isn't even something to me. Oh but she is! My duty. I have to protect her. As a civilian, she is my duty and I have to protect her. I reminded myself.

While a voice quietly whispered in my head, "Keep deluding yourself"