💎Reunion💎

Jen's pov:

Jen's pov:

"Welcome to the reunion party of batch 2009 and 2010" A voice announced to the speaker. I clapped with everyone else, plastering a fake grin on my face.

I am like a living statue these days. Ever since...ever since Cap- he rejected me. I didn't know it would hurt so much. I wasn't yet over Ralph's betrayal and Captain betrayed me too. Well, he didn't exactly betray me. How can he when we didn't even have that kind of relationship yet? But still, he broke my heart and stomped over it.

How is he any better than Ralph? One cheated on me and the other rejected me after leading me on. They both are jerks! I shouted in my mind.

Captain Jerks's image popped in my mind on a cue and tears collected inside my eyes again. I have been shedding waterfalls for the last two weeks. Pathetic. I know. But somehow Captain's denial hurt me more than Ralph's betrayal of two-timing. It has left a deep scar that aches when I think about him.

No, I am not joking. I am not overreacting. Yes, I know life is not only about love and relationship. And I have lived my life without love or relationship for years. I was an A-grade student in my uni and school. I worked hard for my position in the company. And Ralph was the first boy I fell for.

I was so ecstatic that I can finally rely on someone. That I can be held close and feel precious in someone's arm. That I can find love. After all the hard work, I was finally getting the chance to discover love. Doesn't everybody deserve love? Am I too dumb or selfish to look for it? I thought I could be someone more with Captain. He made me feel... desirable. And it was a good feeling. But life is indeed a bitch.

Maybe I just don't deserve love. Maybe that's why God took my mother from me. That's why he gave me a dad who rarely sees me. Don't get me wrong I love him. I do. But it saddens me that we can never be like a normal family.

Maybe I deserve people like Ralph in my life. It is ironic now that he is gone, it feels like the weight is off my shoulder and when he was with me it felt like I couldn't let go. But it isn't the same with Captain Rude. His absence. His rejection. It has left a void in my heart. And I already feel like a poet after only a few weeks of a commotion the same as break up.

What am I a hopeless romantic or a pitiful soul? Or an overdramatic bitch? Honestly, I am confused. I thought, staring at myself in the mirror of the girl's bathroom of my high school.

As you may have realized earlier, I am here for the reunion party of my high school batch. I slammed my hand on the sink. Yes, you guessed it correctly. I am an overdramatic bitch.

I wailed loudly and sniffed in my handkerchief. The water flowed like a fountain from my eyes. A girl beside me passed me a tissue with shaking hands.

"Are you okay?"

"No Damn it! I just got dumped" I shouted in rage. She stepped back scared and ran away like a mouse.

Shit! Why did I do that? What if she announces it outside? I carefully applied light makeup on my face and tried fake smiling. Perfect no one can say I just got rejected.

Picking up my handbag, I strolled out. As I was walking by the hall, a voice stopped me in my tracks.

"You look like you just got dumped"

*********

Captain's pov:

"Are you an idiot?"

"I can get you demoted for that" I replied to my best friend Wes who was shooting me looks of displeasure.

"You think I care about that right now? You just ruined your life!" He shouted on my face, kicking a chair across the room.

"I don't see how a girl can ruin my life"

He laughed then, crazily. And then stopped as if challenging me to continue. "You dumb shit. You have already isolated yourself too much. You think you can find someone like Jen again?"

"My life would be much better without a troublesome girl anyway" I answered with a bitter tone.

His expression turned sad and it almost looked like he would cry right then and there. I looked at him awkwardly. "I feel bad for you Clint. I know it's hard to trust after...everything that happened. But you will regret letting Jen go from your life. Mark my words"

Before I could let his words sink in, a knock on the door interrupted our conversation. Michael popped his head inside. An irritated expression on his face. "He is awake. But he is still reciting the same thing. Over and over. And. I. Don't. Get. Paid. Enough" He concluded with a sigh.

"Beat him some more," Wes suggested. Michael gave him a, 'Are you kidding me look?'

"Wait. I will go talk to him in the morning. Let him be for now" I offered. Michael nodded and turned before going out of the room, "I think you made the right decision. Jen shouldn't be with you"

He went away before Wes's flying boot could hit him. "I don't get why you put up with him. He is annoying"

I chuckled softly. "You know exactly why" A saddens gripped my heart.

My heartfelt strange for a few days. And my eyes kept getting itchy at random things. Like I was some teenager having hormonal disbalance.

"What exactly are you looking for though? We caught the man behind all the drug racket and attacked Jen" Wes asked curiously.

"I don't know Wes. But I have got a feeling. That he was caught too easily"

*********

Jen's pov:

I glared at Alissa herself. Bingo! This is exactly what I needed in my life. Thank you for such warm blessings, Jesus. I gritted my jaw when she smirked.

Can I let it loose today? Can I punch her? Will it ruin my impression in media?

"What are you doing here?" I asked. The punching can wait.

"The reunion duh. Well, I didn't know we shared the same high school" Alissa said tapping her chin. Strange. It looks she genuinely spoke to me for a long time.

"You don't seem too bitchy today"

Captain, what have you done with me? I have no control over my mouth filter! I am losing my professionalism. After all, she is a model in my company and one of the reasons for our company's brand value.

She disposed of my remark with a chuckle. This is getting stranger.

"I am happy Jen. Nothing can affect me right now"

"Huh-uh. Well, would it affect you if I broke your teeth" I snapped. Lord, I need to stop!

"He did let you go right? I knew this would happen. Let me give you some advice. It's good for you. Captain has a past you will never be able to handle. It will break your heart more"

"What? What do you mean?" I was suddenly desperate for the answer.

She smiled at me sadly. "Oh, Jen...you do love him. To be honest, Ralph and Clint do not deserve you"

"Just tell me what you meant by that!" If it wasn't obvious before that I was desperate. It was now. I was holding onto her arm.

"I have known him for a while. And I know all of him. The good and bad. I deserve him" She said and untangled herself from my hands.

She walked away smiling happily, unfazed by my earlier actions. While I looked at her back in shock.

×~×~×~×~×~×~×