💎DINNER (Part-1)💎

Jen's pov:

Jen's pov:

Days passed like hours and hours like minutes. Two weeks went away so quickly that it almost felt unreal.

No attacks and loads of works to do. Oh, how work can pile up when you disappear for more than a week. Nowadays Michael accompanies me to work, as my bodyguard. After torturing him for two days, I had told him my name. He is simply a cheerful personality to be with and always such a gentleman, unlike someone I know. Even Ralph liked him, who frowns at every male species around me.

And honestly who doesn't like a cheerful, handsome,e and gentlemanly bodyguard? So we would flirt here and there. Passing comments, compliments,s and jokes between us. Nothing too serious. But sometimes Michael glanced at me in a way that made me squirm in my place. Then I would disregard it with a low laugh and he too would look away with a blush and chuckle.

But I felt lonely somehow. More lonely than I have been in Captain cruel's house. I missed something dearly, that made me so ashamed of myself that it was hard to face myself in the mirror. I missed the small bickerings with him. The silence and intensity always hung around him. Or how his face looked less cruel when he closed his too intense grey eyes. Or his scar. Or the moments we were too close to each other, to share the same breath. And the list went on.

But I hated him too, for I felt hurt and pathetic. Pathetic for the fact that I am letting someone I met a few days ago, have this kind of impact on me. And hurt for the fact that he had passed me around like a sack he felt too lazy to take care of. Hurt that he hadn't denied the fact that my personality was the only reason he had dropped out of this job.

Am I that insufferable? Michael never complained though. Ralph didn't either. Not even Suzy!

How can he call me immature? And a child! I am a grown woman who knows how to take care of their responsibility unlike him.

But you aren't his responsibility Jen. A voice inside me sneered.

But I am! How can he call himself a soldier when he can't protect me? Ok, maybe that's too harsh and he did protect me three times but....still how can he drop out? Am I not someone worth saving?

Two weeks ago:

"You look pretty dangerous with that smirk right now. Is there something I should know?" Michael asked, chuckling nervously looking at me through the side mirror of his jeep.

"Oh yes! Captain Clint is going to enjoy the present I left for him" I answered, smirking again and managing to get a gulp from Michael when anger shined in my brown eyes.

"Ah I see"

My anger turned to confusion when we began moving towards the inner part of the city. Michael stopped in front of a seven-star hotel.

I gave him a confused look and he just shrugged. Stuffing out of his hoodie he dropped it down on my sleeveless shoulder as we entered the hotel lobby. That left him in a very tight shirt that showed his muscular chest and a faint outline of the abs beneath. Okay, it won't be wrong to consider him as hot. It felt like he was well aware of it when the lady on the counter and I kept giving him appreciating looks and he smirked at me playfully.