💎Jealousy💎

Jen's pov:

Jen's pov:

I coughed a little to catch the attention of the Captain, who was sitting still as a rock and reading the newspaper with a sour face. He ignored me completely. I guess I can't blame him, since I have been ignoring him myself for a few days.

Especially when Ralph called me, I spoke over the phone in a loud annoying noise while he would stare daggers at my back. Or he would just leave the room in a rage. I don't why but it annoyed him whenever Ralph called me.

He would grimace, stare at me a little and then leave the room at a swift panther pace. It was entertaining to watch his reaction. Whenever he would leave the room, a chuckle would escape me and it would turn down Ralph's spirit too as he knows that I am messing with Captain Clint for fun.

From the last two days, Captain has changed though, he no longer grimaced or left the room. He ignored me too completely like I never existed. For some reason, it bothered me. I hid my face from any disappointment when he didn't stop me to take the cookies in the morning.

Something has changed between us from the last two days. It's like another layer of the wall now stood between him and me.

I wheezed again for the fourth time. Oh for god's sake it's not working!

"I need to talk about something important," I said, addressing him. He kept reading the newspaper and nodded his head.

"Tomorrow, I need to visit my company. It's an important meeting" I said. This time he looked at me, right in the eye and I was prepared for the answer.

"No"

"Why not?"

"Not safe"

"I don't give a shit. Look, I have to go. It's my job. So let me do my job just like you are doing yours right now. It's a few hours, that's it" I said, shrugging.

Though I was not prepared for the cold glare he provided me. He disregarded the newspaper in his hands and a nerve jumped in his forehead.

"You think I like to sit here and babysit you. It's an inconvenient job to watch you over. But I was ordered to do it. I have no other option"

"Do I bother you that much? Why are you so annoyed all the time? It's like there is a stick up your ass. I mean what is it about me that-"

"I don't have time for this!" He said, picking up his newspaper again.

"Oh, I am sorry but did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours" I snapped.

"Go and ask the General for permission. If he says that you can go, I will let you go" He said and left the room. I dropped on the sofa in disappointment.

In the night, Captain received a call, while I pretended to be busy on my phone. His expressions turned uglier by second. He glanced at me from the corner of my eyes. I shifted to the other side and tried to hide the smile on my face.