Chapter 17 - Heated Past

Storm

"I'm what?"

"You're going into heat. That's why you've been having all these symptoms."

I stare at Makai in confusion. How can I be going into heat?

"How is that possible? We're not fully mated yet and we've not even had sex."

As far as I know, the heat can only be triggered after mates have completed their bonds since it was only after their first intercourse that their bodies adjusted to know who the bottom would be. I have heard about versatile gay couples both experiencing the heat, but never have I heard of anyone going into heat without even having sex first.

"Aris says it's the bond's way of forcing us to be mated, just like how we can't be apart for too long without feeling the pain of the distance."

I don't know how to feel about that. There is nothing I would love more than to be fully mated to Makai, but I wanted him to choose me, just as I have chosen of my own free will to be with him. I don't want him to be forced to mate with me.

"I don't want you to be forced to mate with me," I fret, and the look he gives me causes my heart to lurch.

"It's not that I don't want to be mated to you, Storm."

"Well, that's what it feels like, and I- It's fine, I understand. You need more time to adjust to the idea of forever with me. I wanted us to take it day to day until you're ready."

He doesn't respond to that, and I force myself not to feel any kind of upset or hurt because even as friends Makai had never been talkative when I wanted him to be.

"How do you feel now?" he asks instead, and I snort. "If you really want to know, I'm horny all the time, and there's nothing I want more than to be all over you. I can barely keep the lust at bay, and the jerk-off I had in the shower did nothing to take the edge off. Right now all I can think about is kissing you. Is that what you wanted to know, Kai?"

It's kind of amusing how shocked he looks by my confession, but I'm also a bit annoyed that I have a mate and I am still not getting any help in the sexual department. When I think about all the fantasies I've had about Makai, having him so close but afraid of doing too much that would either scare him away or hurt me if he rejects my advances it makes me uncharacteristically foul-mooded.

"I - I wasn't expecting that," he coughs.

"Well, that's how I feel. Are you offering to help me out?"

My eyes widen when he gives me a smoldering look. "Come here, Sunshine."

He doesn't have to tell me twice. I scramble quickly onto his lap, toppling him over onto the bed in my enthusiasm, delighted when he laughs.

"Hey, calm down."

"I don't want to give you a chance to change your mind. I told you I was horn-"

He cuts me off when he takes my lips in a kiss that has blood steadily moving south. He sucks at my bottom lip for a while, and I open my mouth to allow him entry when his tongue prods at my lips. We both moan into each other's mouths while his hands hesitantly find the edge of my sweatshirt and slip under it, roving his hands over my naked back.