Chapter 30 - Joker's Arch

Storm

We unfold the paper in anticipation, anxious about what we would find. Is our search over?

Staring at the picture of the office, and grin at each other when we see the large landscape painting on the top right wall behind what looks like a cupboard with several safe boxes.

"We did it. We're almost there, Kai."

"Yes, Storm. We're almost there. Now we need to figure out how to get access to the room."

Rain whoops with us. "Well done, Storm. You guys are doing great."

"Thank you!"

"Maybe if we could find out what the room is for, we can know how to get in," I tell Kai.

We scan the picture of the room again. There is a mini workstation for three staff in the middle of the room.

"We need to return to the Casino," Makai suggests.

"I think we should drive there this time. That will give us more time to plan before we get there."

Makai nods. "That's a good idea."

He holds his hand up, and I slap mine against his in a high-five.

"Let me get the keys, Partner."

I smile after him. "Mmm...I like the sound of that."

Twenty minutes later, we are back in the crowded casino, moving as close to the office area as possible without raising suspicion.

"It's the third office from this side, but that area is all restricted," I observe.

Makai grunts his agreement.

"And we can't teleport there. How are we going to get in there?" I lament.

"Storm?"

We both turn around at the sound of my name.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me," Makai groans.

"Babe? What are you doing here?"

Ignoring Kai's annoyance, I give Callum a quick hug. "I could ask you the same question, Cal."

He turns to Makai as if to hug him too but one look at Kai's expression and he moves back in surrender with a grin. "It was worth a try."

"What are you doing here? Stalking us again?" Makai demands.

"Hey, I could say the same about you two. First, New Orleans, and now Las Vegas? Being in a casino is normal for me. Can't say the same about you two."

I roll my eyes. "Be serious, Callum."

A young man with purple hair and a black shirt passes by us. He pauses when he sees Callum. "Oh hey, Callum. I didn't know you were in today. Who are your friends?"

Callum turns to the guy with a smile. "Ed! I just got in. This is Storm, he's a sweetheart. And here's Makai, his mate. I was just showing them around. Guys, this is Ed. He works here."

Ed smiles at us, studying me. "Sweetheart, huh? Callum must really like you. Are you also..?"

"Oh, no. They're wolves," Callum answers. "warlocks are dangerous to have as friends."

Ed laughs. "So you always tell me. Nice to meet you guys. See you later, Callum."

"Sure, Ed."

We watch as he walks past us into the restricted area, opening the door to the third office- the very one we need to be in.