Chapter 21 - Marked

A/N: The music above just reminded me so much of this chapter when I was listening to it(especially getting to the end of the chapter), so I decided to add it before publishing. It puts you right in the mood.😊

Makai

"Something is wrong. I think we should head back,"  Kitai repeats for the zillionth time, annoying me as I walk to the register to check out. I purchased three different flavors of ice cream and butter popcorn. I even got some roses from the floral section. Seeing the roses reminded me that I had promised myself to get Storm flowers often.

"Kitai, I can feel it too. We're almost done here. Stop whining!"

I have just finished paying and heading to the exit doors when I hear the howl. It is a beautiful but slightly mournful sound. It calls to me and beckons me forward as if drawing me toward the sound. I want to respond to it, to own it and possess it. I want the howler to be mine.

It takes a second for me to realize that the howler is mine. My mate. Storm!

"Makai."

I rush out of the store, bumping into someone else as soon as I'm out, who is also in a hurry.

"Makai."

I apologize to the man, smelling that he is a wolf at the same time I see his glowing silver eyes- the alpha glow.

"It's alright, mate. I understand your rush. Man, did you hear that beautiful sound? Never thought I would ever hear one of those in this lifetime!"

What? 

Confused, I stop in my tracks while the man rushes ahead.

How did he hear it too?

"Kai!"

"I'm sorry, Kitai, what is it?"

"We have a problem. A very big problem."

I continue walking back to the hotel, surprised when I see two other wolves with glowing alpha eyes rushing ahead.

"What problem?" I ask Kitai.

I'm a little distracted as I quicken my pace back to my mate.

"Makai, pay attention! Aren't you concerned about Storm's howl?"

I frown, noticing for the first time how frantic he sounds. "A little, yes, but he's coming into heat so isn't it normal for him to call to his mate?"

I can't wait to reach him. I feel a burning urge to mark him and make him mine forever.

"Well, that's the problem! His wolf didn't just send a mating call to you. He sent out a general mating call! You're not the only one who heard it or is affected by it. Every single and unmated alpha wolf within a hundred-mile radius also heard that call, and every one of them would respond to it. So right now you're not the only one feeling the urge to mark him, they all are! And you better get your ass into that room before someone does something stupid trying to get to him and the beast takes over."