Chapter 40 - Coming Together

Storm

I sleep deeply and wake up later to the feeling of being watched. When I open my eyes, I catch Makai watching me with a torn expression on his face. He smiles when he sees me watching him, the torn expression disappearing. I know why was looking at me that way. His gaze on the fading bruises on my skin betrayed his thoughts.

"Are you still worried about that?" I ask softly, even though I would rather pretend that I hadn't seen the look on his face.

He runs a gentle hand over the fading marks on my waist where he gripped me hard as he pounded into me last night. The memory sends a delicious shiver down my spine, and I bite my lip to stifle an aroused groan as blood rushed south into my dick.

Makai narrows his eyes thoughtfully as he no doubt smells my mounting arousal. "You really get off on the pain, don't you?"

I meet his gaze steadily, knowing that any sign of hesitation could take us back to square one.
"Yes, I do. I don't want you to whip me or anything but I enjoy rough handling during sex. I've already told you this."

He flinched when I mentioned whipping, but now his expression clears. "Yes, you did. I'm glad you just like rough handling though. I don't think I would be able to do that-- the whipping stuff-- if you wanted that."

"Well, I don't, so we're okay. But do you realize what this confirms?"

He frowns and shakes his head. "Enlighten me."

Unable to resist anymore, I move over him so that he is lying on his back while I straddle him. "It means that we're perfect for each other," I answer. "If I liked the heavy pain kinks, you would have liked doing them too, but you don't. I enjoy you handling me roughly when we have sex, and you enjoy doing it too."

I pause to gaze at him, wondering if he will admit it. When he just stares back without speaking, I prod, "Don't you?"

I realize what his problem is when a guilty look flashes over his face.

"Aww, Kai." I move down to hug him, feeling whole and content when his arms move automatically to envelop me in his warmth.

"You shouldn't feel bad for wanting to do something I want you to do to me," I murmur into his chest.

"I know, but it's going to take me a while to completely shake off feeling guilty that I enjoy being rough with you when we make love. You deserve to be cherished and handled gently with care and adoration, not mauled by clumsy, barbaric hands."

I can't help laughing. "When did you start being so dramatic?"

He chuckles, hands sliding over to palm my ass, hot golden eyes gazing at me with want. "I know that you're not nearly as innocent as you look. Such a naughty omega. The barbaric hands make you hard and slick."

The dirty talk ignites the arousal that has been thrumming in me since I woke up. I rub my hardening dick slightly against his. He groans and holds me still with firm hands.

"Stop that. I can't have a reasonable discussion when you do that."

"That's okay," I assure him. "I don't need you to be reasonable for this."

He chuckles, then stops to give me a warning look when I wiggle against his hold. "Storm."

"Why do you wanna talk? You're no fun," I pout, finally stilling.