Chapter 28 - Roses and Pillow Talk

Makai

I watch him wake up, drinking in his beautiful face as his eyes slowly flutter open. The smile that lights his face when he sees me watching him warms my heart and makes me feel on top of the world.

"Good morning, Sunshine."

"Good morning, Cupcake," he replies.

I laugh at the reappearance of that silly endearment. "Are we back to this name?"

"Oh, we never stopped, Darling."

My silly smile mirrors his, and for the thousandth time since I woke up, I am still fascinated by the idea that he is mine, really mine for life if I don't screw things up. I can't imagine what I did to deserve Storm Hakhan.

We stare at each other for a while in silence, brown eyes gazing into blue eyes. I wonder if images from last night are running through his mind as they are mine. When he suddenly flushes, I suspect they are.

"Are you okay?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"I'm more than okay. I feel wonderful. You finally sated the desire that was plaguing me for years and gave me an unforgettable night," he says dramatically.

Laughing, his words fill me with pride and start a new stirring in my loins which I valiantly ignore. I feel slightly guilty about the way I manhandled him last night. "Are you certain I didn't hurt you? I wasn't as gentle as I should have been."

Some of the memories I have of last night are concerning, and he may not like some of the things I did to him. When I woke up, I checked him all over to make sure that he was still as unmarred as he had been before I mauled him like a feral beast last night.

He smiles at me. "You were perfect, Kai. I loved every single bit of it."

Releasing the breath I didn't realize I was holding, I try to put the words together to describe the feeling of making love with Storm. To make him understand how much it meant to me.

"Last night was...it's hard to explain how it was for me. You know that words are not my thing but I want to try. I didn't think I would ever get to feel that way, especially with you. You- you're everything I've always needed, and I'm learning to trust myself more with you. So thank you for giving me all of you. No one else can make me feel the way you do."

I want to tell him I love him so badly, but I don't think it is the right time. I don't want him to think I'm declaring love because of the earth-shattering sex we had.

His smile becomes emotional, and he opens his mouth to say something but stops and closes his eyes briefly. When he opens them again, the emotion shining in them looks deceptively like love. I'm not hopeful enough to think he has fallen for me yet, but what I see in his eyes is close enough, and it fills my heart with joy.

"Nobody else can make me feel the way you do either, Kai. Nobody makes me go crazy with lust just by calling me Omega."

Memories of how he had come apart in my arms and under my touch cause the arousal I am holding at bay to resurface. I am fascinated by how beautiful and responsive he is in my arms.

"I feel the same way when you call me Alpha," I tell him. "I loved everything we did, and I'm relieved that you're good with it too. But you always need to tell me if I'm hurting you or if you're uncomfortable with something. Ultimately your pleasure is the most important thing."

He gives me a salacious grin. "Does that mean that we're going to do it again?"

I chuckle. "Sure. Unless you don't want to," I tease.