CH 46: Fire Hazard and CottonTail : Clubbing Undercover (April 16, 2124)

"This better fucking wash out," I mutter as Rue finishes spraying the temporary black hair dye in my hair.

"It will. I've used this for Halloween before. Hold still and lemme do your eyebrows to match," Rumi grumbles as she spins me around in the rotating barstool. We'd spent the past month planning this infiltration; Shoto and Shinso had already started their first semester at UA. I volunteered to drive him to school on his first day, and, unfortunately, I ended up practically shoving Shoto out of the car at the gate and speeding off; I got caught up in a car chase with a Yakuza boss that Kei and I had been tailing forever. Naturally, my Corvette won.

This is our first legitimate chance to get intel on the League of Vigilantes. Allegedly, StageLightz, the seedy nightclub in Underground Musutafu, has a connection to the Vigilante hideout. Underground Musutafu has always been notorious for villain, Yakuza, and Vigilante activity. However, the businesses are too lucrative for the city for the area to be shut down by Pros. The block attracts tourists during the day but is extremely unsafe at night.

"Lemme just even these out," Rue mumbles to herself, sticking out her tongue in concentration as she goes over my eyebrows with the black eyeliner. She pauses, looking at my face and moving my head at odd angles, as if checking every little speck.

"Alright, I think I'm done with you. How do ya like it?" She smirks as she spins me back around so I can look in her vanity mirror. My face is caked in foundation, powder, highlight, contour, and pretty much everything in her fucking bag. My jawline has never looked better. My snow-white hair has been temporarily dyed completely black, and my piercings have been sprayed gold. I'm wearing a black long-sleeved button-up shirt with the top two buttons undone, exposing the upper part of my chest and the shadow of my pecs, along with black acid-wash jeans and short black lace-up boots. Rue is wearing a black rhinestone fringe zip-back tank top with a low-rise black leather skirt and black chunky heeled shoes. She disappears into her closet while I spray the makeup setting solution on my face and put in the green colored contacts that Keigo left for me. Rue comes back with her ears tucked underneath a bright red wig of ridiculous corkscrew curls that makes her head look infinitely smaller.

"You look fucking stupid," I snicker, only for Rue to smack me on the back of the head as she moves to put in her hazel colored contacts.

"Shut up, emo boy," She chides as she ensures no white hair sticks out from under her wig.

"Y'know some people find that sexy," I stick my tongue out, flashing my tongue piercing, and Rumi rolls her eyes as she slaps on sheer lip gloss.

"You think you're gonna be able to play your role tonight?" She teases, and I shrug.

"Just 'cause I've been banging a dude for the past five years doesn't mean I've lost my bisexuality. I can pretend that I'm attracted to a chick without getting queasy. Now, pretending I'm attracted to you , that's a different story," I jest, only for Rue to punch me in the shoulder.

"I'm kidding , CottonTail. You look beautiful," I wink at her playfully, and she shakes her head. She grabs a bottle of cologne from the vanity and sprays it all over me, making me gag.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Come in!" Rue calls, and Keigo opens the door to Rue's bedroom.

"Special delivery," Keigo whistles as he presents two brand new earpieces to us. They're as small as the piece of rubber that goes on the end of an earbud.

"I'll be in touch with you two the entire time. The second you need backup, I'll be there. I'm gonna be staking out at the rooftops across from Underground," Keigo explains as Rue and I each take a bud and place it in one of our ears.