Forever

POV:Percy

We had been having attacks daily. Luckily that End dude hasn't shown up again. I have practically locked myself in my office thinking of battle strategies and trying to figure out what End meant when he said that he was the one who ruined my life. When there is a war I usually throw myself into my work. I was trying to figure out how to train the campers under 8 years old. I don't want them fighting but I do want them to be able to defend themselves. I actually don't want any kids or teens fighting like I had too but it's just the way of things, I guess.

The rest of my army was getting annoyed with me because I wasn't really sharing anything with anyone. I kind of shut myself out. I make my own food so I don't even go to the pavilion most of the time. Nikki and Estelle have tried to knock and come in the most but I never really let them. Or I just pretend I'm asleep. And yes I know I'm being childish but I just have to focus. If I don't focus then people's lives could be at stake. Little kids' lives could be at stake. I could be responsible for having 5 year olds die. Maybe even younger than that. 5 year olds who have never even had purple cookies! I switched from blue cookies to purple when my mom practically kicked me out. Now that we have made up I can technically switch back but me and the army all love purple cookies. They are about as good as blue ones. But I like it when my mom makes blue cookies they make me feel nostalgic. Do you ever have that with certain foods? You know when it reminds you of your grandma's cooking or you 13 birthday party. Of course, my grandma is Rhea or is it Gaea? I'm not totally sure. My family is confusing. But I'm pretty sure they were both evil. Or at least Gaea was. And I don't even know if they can cook. And on my 13th birthday I had just found out I was a demigod and had been blamed for stealing Zeus's lightning bolt and Hades' helm of darkness. I was also fighting monsters and a war was coming so those things don't give ME happy memories or make me nostalgic but to each his own. Shit, I guess I'm rambling. DAM ADHD! It acts up when I'm stressed.

Anyways let's get back on track. I guess Nikki finally had enough. She stormed into my office and started berating me "CAN YOU STOP SHUTTING YOURSELF OUT! I CAN HELP YOU! WE CAN ALL HELP YOU! YOU JUST HAVE TO LET US! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS DO THIS! WHY WHENEVER YOU ACTUALLY NEED HELP YOU DON'T ASK FOR IT?!? YOU HAVEN'T SLEPT IN DAYS! AND DON'T THINK YOU FOOL US FOR EVEN A SECOND WHEN YOU PRETEND TO BE ASLEEP. YOU DID THIS IM THE LAST WAR TOO! YOU SHUT YOURSELF OUT AND BARELY TALKED TO US!" I was way to exhausted to have her yell at me and for me to yell back but I was mad. I was just trying not to worry anyone. "WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!? I AM TRYING TO NOT GET ANYONE KILLED-" Nikki cut me off " YOU ARE GOING TO GET YOURSELF KILLED! DO YOU THINK YOU WILL BE ANY HELP ON THE BATTLE FIELD IF YOU CAN'T EVEN LIFT UP YOUR SWORD?!? YOU WILL MOST LIKELY COLLAPSE IF YOU HAVE TO FIGHT END!"
"NO I WON'T!" I wasn't going to collapse. I think. "YOU ARE SUCH A ASSHOLE! DO YOU THINK YOU ARE HELPING US?! NO, YOU ARE HURTING US!" How could she even say that? " WELL IF I'M SUCH AN ASSHOLE THAN WHY ARE YOU EVEN WITH ME, HUH?! IF I'M HURTING YOU THAN WHY DON'T YOU JUST BREAK UP WITH ME!?" Her face was turning red and she looked disgusted by what I had just said. "BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE YOU! I DON'T KNOW WHY, OK?! I JUST DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU TO ANNABETH. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU TO EARTH OR CAMP. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU TO WORK!" Her tone was madder than I had ever heard it, and she's an assassin, but what she was saying was sweet. My next words just came out "THEN MARRY ME! CAUSE I'M ALL IN!" She looked unfazed. "FINE!" She replied with the same amount of anger in her voice but her expression softened. "I'M GONNA KISS YOU NOW!" I yelled "YOU BETTER!" She replied. And that's how we got engaged. It was a pretty weird engagement and I'm not gonna lie I stole a couple of lines from Friends and Gilmore Girls but it was amazing. A million times better than my underwater kiss with Annabeth. It was better than my dad complimenting me on my first quest. It was better than winning the Titan and the Giant War, because I knew that this happy feeling would be there forever. It was a different feeling than with Annabeth. I loved her but with Nikki it felt different, better. I knew that Nikki would be there forever. We would be together forever.