ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xɪx

Back on the rooftop the boys had let the girls sit around while they gathered what they could to make an s.o.s signal for any helicopters that flew around the area or above them. Waiting around to see if they would really be saved and taken to a safe place. Away from all the madness.

Mi-sun quietly sat around as she laid her head on nam-ra's shoulder quietly.

"Are you okay smokey?" Nam-ra asked quietly. Sitting away from the others with her. Using her nickname for her best friend.a

"I'm okay. It hurt but it will get better soon. Are you okay? You were badass when you did that earlier." Mi-sun spoke to lighten the mood.

Nam-ran gave a small nod. "I'll be okay too." She spoke as she smiled a bit at her words.

Mi-sun smiled a bit as she placed her hand out. "Friends..." She mumbled.

Nam-ra placed her hand over hers. "...forever." She mumbled back quietly.

The two girls quietly giggled as they had done that with one another after they became friends when they were younger. It was their thing. The thing they would do to comfort one another. To let each other know that the other was fine. To show one another that they would always be there for one another.

"What's going to happen now?" Nam-ra asked as she glanced at her friend before laying her head on top of hers.

"I don't know.. I just don't want to lose anyone else. Even you. Bite or not. You are my best friend. I can't have that happen." Mi-sun spoke. "Because there's no one else who can take my girl best friend spot but you." She smiled softly.

A small smile formed on Nam-ra's face. She wasn't one to express how she felt but she was thankful that she had at least someone who understood her without her having to say much. "No one can take your spot too." She spoke softly. "I need my best friend."

Mi-sun chuckled as she glanced ahead at the others. Relaxing as they struggled to start a small fire they could use to warm up and sit around.

"Shall we?" Nam-ra asked with a small hint of teasing in her voice.

"We shall." Mi-sun spoke as she had a playful tone to her own.

Both of them getting up as they walked over together while nam-ran lightly placed her hand in her pocket to take out the lighter she had in her pocket the whole time. Standing before Su-hyeok. "Here. Use this." She spoke as she handed him the lighter.

"Why.. do you have a lighter?" He asked amused yet confused about learning something new about the prez he cared for.

"Me and Mi-sun would come out for a little smoke.." Nam-ra admitted

"Really?" Cheong-san asked with surprise as he glanced between the two along with Haru who was shocked to hear that come from his own granddaughter.

"It wasn't an all day everyday kind of thing." Mi-sun spoke. "We did it when we needed to just get away or had something stressful we wanted to forget. To calm our nerves."

Cheong-san lightly sat next to his girlfriend. "No wonder you'd be gone a few times." He spoke as she nudged his shoulder gently. The two sharing a smile before he wrapped his arm around her and kept her close enjoying the warmth. "It at least helped us get warm today." He spoke.

Mi-sun nodded as she laid her head on his shoulder and watched the others enjoying the warmth too as the sun began to set.

The flames where bright as they stayed quiet after saying a little something around the campfire. Waiting for something to happen as the bright skies had become dark in a matter of minutes. The silence being peaceful until it was interrupted by a helicopter sent out by the military after they had found Song jae-ik, Park chang-hoon, se-bin, an infant and Eun-ji.

Jae-ik had been a lead detective at the police station. Working on getting information out of Lee Byeong-chan, who admitted to creating the virus with the hopes of being able to help his son deal with those who had been bullying him for months. Sacrificing himself in the end for Jae-ik to be able to retrieve the laptop he had with all the information they needed.

The helicopter stopped as the men were let down by a rope. "Sir there are students up here. What do we do?" One of them asked.

"Get the computer out first." The man in charge spoke as he watched from the base they were in.

The soldier obliged to the command as he led his men into the school looking for the science room. Shooting down any zombies that tried to get to them as they found the room and broke into his lab. Getting the computer that they needed as the one's keeping guard shot down more zombies.

"Got it. Let's roll." He spoke as they made their way back to the roof and clipped the computer and sent it up first. "What about the kids now?" He asked. "Bring them back here." The main man spoke through the mic from the base.

Ji-min was the first to be strapped once they were allowed to ride with them as they gave nam-ra a heating blanket thinking she was sick. Ji-min was very happy that they were being rescued as she was pulled up.

At the same time back at the base word had gotten to the main man about an incident. Showing him a clip of eun-ji attacking and killing Cheol-su after reuniting with him. "Stop." The man spoke as the soldier listened. "Put the kid back and return."

"But-." The soldier spoke.

"Now!" The commander spoke up.

The soldier reluctantly gave the order to bring ji-min down before she could be put inside the helicopter as she panicked with the other.

"W-what's going on?! I'm going back down." Ji-min spoke as the soldier unbuckled her.

"Shoot them if they resist." The commander spoke.

"They're just kids sir." The soldier hesitated.

"Please. Don't do this." Cheong-san spoke. "Maybe some of us can be taken to safety and the others can stay behind." He spoke.

"He's right." Mi-sun spoke. "My dad works for the military. You can tell him to come get the rest of us. His name is Jin Dae-seong." She spoke. Getting the soldier's attention.

"Your dad is back at the base. I'll tell him." The soldier spoke. "But we can't take any of you so stand back." He spoke firmly

"Did I stutter? I said shoot goddammit!" The commander yelled.

Listening to his boss and the teens trying to get to a safe place the soldier fired into the sky as he yelled in frustration to keep them back.

Haru stepped in front of the teens as he kept them back when he heard the soldier start to shoot at the sky.

"I'm sorry.." The soldier spoke quietly ashamed that they had to such thing.

Buckling himself up and his other partner doing the same before they got lifted up and leaving the group behind as he cursed.

Ji-min was crying with the others as the plane left them back to being stranded, hungry, afraid, and cold.

Mi-sun lightly hugged her grandfather as she teared up. Just wanting to go home and be safe like before. The mention of her father being alive made her have some relief but not enough as she feared for the next outcome.

To her, they would never be helped by the very people who left them there with no explanation.