ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxɪ

On the other building was the gymnasium. The group that managed to get away had been stuck there with a room of dead students still in their uniform and adults who had probably been bit by the students. The group stared for a moment as ha-ri pointed to the room at the side they could use. The storage room was unlocked at they made their way over and getting in one by one.

Park Mi-jin was pushing Yoo Jun-seong as he was injured by the point of his own weapon a while back. "Mi-jin.. we're not going to make it." He spoke up. "Just go. I'll hold them off."

Mi-jin scoffed. "Yah! Just shut up and ket me handle it." She spoke as she continued. She had grown close to him as a friend even when she wouldn't admit it herself out loud.

"I'm serious. I can only slow you guys down! Go!" He yelled as he sacrificed himself to save them some time. Yelling in pain as he was bitten into. Mi-jin was shocked as she cursed and watched him being eaten by them as he yelled for her to go. She yelled out to him as Ha-ri got her inside the storage room and shut the door once they were all inside.

On-jo sighed in relief as she sat next to him as she noticed how cheong-san was. Hesitating before lightly wrapping her arms around his neck at the moment as he leaned into her shoulder.

Nam-ra watched as she glanced around the room before getting up. "Where's mi-sun? She's not in here."

Cheong-san listened as he glanced at Nam-ra. "What are you talking about? She's right... here..." He trailed off when he didn't see her. Looking around as he moved away from on-jo at the moment.

"I'm sorry kid." Ha-ri spoke up first. "Chances are that she didn't make it with the zombies that followed us.

"I-it's all my fault.." Hyo-ryung spoke as she listened and held her knees. "I was being attacked and she helped me with woo-jin but then when we ran here I didn't see her anymore."

Cheong-san listened as he shook his head. The loss of his mother weighed him down and now the possibility that his own girlfriend out there being eaten alive made him feel worse.

"I can go out there." Nam-ra spoke.

"It's too dangerous to open the door for anyone." Mi-jin spoke. "You'll have to accept that she's gone too."

The room filled with silence until joon-yeong broke it. "I think.. I think we should rest while we're in here. We might not get another chance to rest like this for another while." He spoke quietly. Knowing most of them wouldn't want to but the fatigue got to them and they decided to rest with nothing else they could do or have done.

Cheong-san was hesitant as he leaned back and closed his eyes at the moment while on-jo leaned her head on his shoulder to comfort him at the moment. Closing her eyes as they doze off.

The next morning soon came as they began to wake up one by one as cheong-san lightly stirred before feeling a head on his shoulder as he thought it was Mi-sun and glanced down to see on-jo. Being a bit disappointed that it wasn't who he was expecting.

On-jo woke up shortly after as she gave him a small smile and noticed the look of disappointment and rubbed his arm before getting up. Nam-ra stayed quiet as she tried to listen to hear her friend but hearing only zombies as she opened her eyes.

"Anything?" Su-hyeok asked.

"Nothing.." Nam-ra spoke as she hated that she couldn't hear her best friend.

"I'm sorry.." Su-hyeok spoke quietly as he held her hand and rubbed the back of it.

Nam-ra gave a small nod quietly as she watched them plan on how they would be escaping out of there and played with her sleeve.

Once they had a plan and had a little snack they found with dae-su eating the last of it forgetting that joon-yeong hadn't had any.

"S-sorry.." Dae-su spoke. "I didn't see you there."

"It's okay. I wasn't really hungry." Joon-yeong spoke. "Come on we should get going."

Dae-su nodded as he felt sorry for that before they all got inside their barrier they made as they opened the door before keeping the zombies out as they closed the barrier and pushed past the zombies as the zombies began to crowd around them making it hard for them to keep pushing as Mi-jin and the others did their best to hit the zombies that tried to climb over.

"Come on! Hurry up." Mi-jin spoke as she glanced at Joon-yeong.

"We're trying!" He spoke up as he pushed with them and did his best before yelling when his hand was bit as Mi-jin was shocked and watched. Pulling him back as she stabbed at the zombie that bit him.

Joon-yeong stopped as he knew what it meant for him. "I have to take responsibility.." He spoke from his argument earlier with Mi-jin. "I have to get out there."

"N-no!" Mi-jin spoke as she shook her head.

Joon-yeong listened before climbing over as he jumped onto the floor and shoved the zombies away from the barrier. "Go home!" He yelled. "Go home." Crying that he wouldn't make it with them and yelling in pain when other zombies began to bite his as he helped them get far before falling down. Continuing to yell at them to head home before he fell silent.

Dae-su and woo-jin crying at the moment at the loss of one of their friends as they continued to push forward and got to the door opening a gap as on-jo tried to open the door and was unable to. Trying to open the door as nothing worked. Banging on it and panicking about the zombies around them.

Soon enough the door was opened with the chain being broken off as she was surprised to see who opened the door.

Back to Mi-sun and Min-jae , the two had packed up the arrows they would use before hearing the door open as they glanced over as mi-sun moved back immediately while min-jae watched the male unaware of what he was.

"Are you okay?" Min-jae asked glancing over.

"I'm fine." Gwi-nam spoke as he walked over.

Mi-sun moved back at the moment.

"Where is he?" Gwi-nam asked.

"Where is who?" Min-jae grew curious but aware something was wrong.

"Lee cheong-san." Gwi-nam spoke as he smelled the scent of cheong-san on both of them.

"I don't know who that is." Min-jae was honest. "We were in a small group though not too long ago." He added

Gwi-nam finally glanced at mi-sun as he grabbed the male and lifted him up before biting into his neck. "You're lucky I just ate. You should run though." He advised as he grabbed mi-sun and forced her to stand up.

"Min-jae!" Mi-sun called out as he turned to her.

He could feel effects of the bite as he didn't want to turn but he knew it wouldn't be helped as he aimed and tried to shoot gwi-nam after seeing him grab her. Missing the only shot he had as the virus began to take over his body.

Gwi-nam watched before turning to mi-sun as he lifted her up with a sinister grin and held on of the arrow from her quiver. Her blood ran down the tip of the arrow as he pointed the arrow down and let her blood drink down to the floor.