Hey Babe

"Hey Yuu, where are you going?" Shinoa asks the raven haired male.

"Home." He replies curtly as he finishes putting everything in his bag.

"But we aren't done yet. We still have history and English to study for." Mitsuba chimed in.

"Yeah, and we've been here for three hours but all I've heard you talk about was how much you love each other. I don't think that's going to help us on our tests." Yuu states as he throws his bag over his shoulder. "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

His friends watch as he leaves, not bothering to try calling him back because they know it won't make a difference. He leaves the library and walks down the sidewalk, deciding to take the long way home. This way, he is also able to walk by his favorite coffee shop.

He is about three blocks from the coffee shop when he hears someone walking behind him. He looks across the street and glamces behind him to see a silver haired male following him.

"Hey." He hollers but Yuu ignores him. "Cutie come on, look at me."

This makes the green eyed boy uncomfortable and he picks up his pace, trying to get away from him without running.

"Hey I'm talking to you!" He hollers.

Yuu glanced behind him and found that the guy was slowly catching up to him. He knows he can't go home because the guy could easily stalk him from there and he can't go inside any shops because that'll make it easier for him to get cornered. As he thought through the possibilities, he found himself nearing his favorite coffee shop.

'I know the owner.' He thought as he slowed down a bit. 'He could help me.'

He was about to stop and go inside but the man reached for his jacket and pulled on it.

'Oh no. This isn't good.' He thought as he tried to pull his jacket free.

__________

A young man with bright blue eyes and light, fluffy blonde hair stepped into the small shop as a small smile graced his features. The familiar smell filled his senses as he looked up at the worker.

"The usual again?" He asked.

"You know me." The blonde nodded, his smile widening a bit more as he took his usual seat close to the counter. From here, he could look out the window and do his work at the same time without worrying about the people walking by thinking that he is some sort of creep.

"Here you go Mika." The blonde, Mika, looked up and met a pair of bright blue eyes.

"Thanks Shinya." He smiled while powering on his computer and opening his work from today's classes.

Mika is a freshman at college and is studying to get an English degree. He has always wanted to pursue a writing career and get published so he figured this would be the best career path.

As he scrolls through the instructions and plans an outline for an essay, he finds his mind wandering. Before he knows it, he is opening a new document so he can start writing down the idea he just had so he doesn't forget it.

"Writing instead of doing homework? Come on Mika, I thought you knew better." The voice of Shinya interrupted his thoughts. Mika laughed lightly and sighed.

"Yeah, I know, I'm not a good student." He jokes.

"I mean..." Shinya shrugs with a feigned look of innocence before Mika smacks his arm.

"Hey!" The blonde exclaimes before the two if them burst into laughter.

"Anyway, what is your new idea?" Shinya asks as he takes a seat across from him.

"Well, I was thinking about a conversation a few girls in my writing class were having and I couldn't get it out of my head so I figured I would write about it." Mika replied.

"Details please." Shinya said in a sing-song voice.

"Well, one of my classmates has a boyfriend and was saying something about him getting her a bouquet of roses. She said that, as the days passed, some of the roses have completely wilted and others are still almost fully alive. My idea is that the main character is going to be a female assassin that had to go undercover as a teacher for a year to try and terminate a target that has managed to get a position as a teacher. The students are assigned with the task of killing him while their PE teacher supervises as much as possible." He paused to take a breath as Shinya just smiled. "Well, I was thinking that, although she disliked the students before, she grew to like them and is dating the PE teacher. One day she recieves a bouquet of roses. There is one for each student and her boyfriend. The roses are connect to each person so that if something happens, then the rose corresponds. For example, if a student is harmed in any way, a petal falls. If the student is killed during their time being held captive by the kidnapper, then the rose bursts into flames."

Shinya chuckles. "You have the most creative mind out of anyone I've ever met. When you finish it, let me know and I'll buy the first copy."

Mika laughed. "You don't have to do that."

"But I am. You are my favorite author after all."

"I'm not an author."

He stood up and started back towards the counter. "Not yet." He shoots the blonde a knowing smile before getting back to work.

Mika sighed and shakes his head before completing the idea and getting back to work on his homework.

(Mika's POV)

A few hours pass and I am on my last assignment when I hear something outside the shop. I glance up and look at the window to find a young male ripping his jacket out of the grip of a man with silver hair.

Without thinking, I jump out of my seat and, as calmly as possible, walk out of the shop just as the boy shoves the man off of him and takes off again. I step in front of the creep and block his way before jogging to catch up with the boy with a bag on his shoulder.

I wrap my arm around his shoulders and pull him into me.

"Hey babe." I greet him with a smile, giving him a small wink to which he nods and smiles back.

"Hey." He replies, relief coating his words like honey.

He looks down at our feet and I turn to look back at the creep and shoot him a glare before flipping him off.

"You alright?" I ask quietly.

He nods. "Yeah, thanks."

"Do you live far from here?"

He shakes his head. "Just around the next corner."

"Do you mind if I walk you there? Just in case he comes back?" I asked.

"That would be great. Thank you." He flashes me a brief smile.

"It's no problem." I return the smile and drop my arm from his shoulders.

He suddenly stops in front of a door to a small apartment and sighs. "Thank you again."

"It's no problem."

He nods and meets my eyes with his emerald green ones.

"I'm Yuichiro, but you can call me Yuu."

"Mikaela. Call me Mika." I smiled.

"Well, see you around Mika." He heads to the door and unlocks it.

"You too, Yuu." I replied and watched as he entered the apartment and closed the door behind him.

I smiled and headed back to the coffee shop, hoping that I would see him again.