Chapter 1

100 days before

100 days before

Seulgi's POV:

Her hands were burning like fire as the rough whip kissed her fingers. She clenched her teeth in pain. Measurements. That's how they called it. Measurements for intolerable behavior. Seulgi called it Punishment.

Again, the black leather was raised to the top before the instructor swung it down to leave another red mark on her wrists. She flinched and gasped. Seulgi could already see her skin swelling up, creating purple spots.

"Are you getting weak, Kang?"

She shook her head.

"Excellent."

She heard the sound to the whip in the air before she could feel it another time. The pain immediately filled her veins and spread in her body. Seulgi coughed.

"How is it Kang? Are you feeling the Healing?"

She narrowed her eyes and glared at her.

"Your intimidating glare won't help you now", she continued. "It's all about actio, reactio. You make trouble, I take the Measurements."

"More like Punishments", she hissed and spitted. The instructor looked at her mischievously.

"Still having the guts to respond? Should I show you what real punishments look like?" A bitterly sweet smile was plastered on her face. Seulgi just stayed muted.

"Wise decision Kang." She rolled up her whip and put it back in the upper drawer. She heard the instructor sighing. "You can go now. Your Healing is still in progress, so come back tomorrow."

Seulgi grabbed her back, pressing her lips together. The woman cleared her throat. 

"Yes ma'am, I come back tomorrow.", Seulgi said. She smiled.

With that she closed the door, leaving the dark room behind her.

This woman was the devil. Following her until she even pressed the last piece of happiness out of her mind. This whole school was hell. Nobody would voluntarily live here. Nobody.

The Lakeland Girls Academia for Troubled Teenagers. Short: LGATT. A place even the nasty school troublemakers fear. Their principles are simple. You get in trouble, so you have to bear the consequences. It all belongs to the Healing. Measurements they take are always related to the Healing.

It was bullshit.

She walked down the long corridor, passing the small chapel and the infirmarium. She took a mental note to attend every morning's praying session.

It was highly forbidden to skip one of the morning prayers. Exceptions are just made for illnesses or missionary activities. Both things quite rare at this place.