Chapter 24

15 days before

15 days before

Seulgi's POV:

Seulgi was skeptical. Mistrustful. Tensed. Nervous. The last one she couldn't really describe, especially since she didn't experience it quite often. Nervousness. The unpleasant feeling of thousand butterflies that hit your stomach and want to escape; the hideous feeling in your throat that makes you feel sick; the cracking of your knuckles due to the constant pressure.

Seulgi didn't like it.

This here was something she couldn't control. She could just watch as an observer, waiting and waiting. It was like a bond that connected Seulgi with Irene. She could feel the hesitation in Irene's eyes.

And although she had given her the sign to start – a short nodding- she wasn't hundred percent sure whether the girl completed her mission or not. They just got this one chance. And no Plan B.

"UP."

Seulgi abruptly stood up, watching the principal entering the room.

"Lord in heaven, please take our gifts and forgive our sins", was the usual sentence before the tall, blond-haired women approached the authorities' table. Seulgi answered with a firm "Amen" before she sat down.

The others did the same.

Irene's POV:

Dami intensely eyed her, the head lightly tilted. "Don't you wanna eat something?" Irene nibbled at her fingernails and shook her head. "I'm not hungry."

"Are you sure?", Ryujin said joyfully and jumped up with the plate in her hand. After two weeks of full isolation, she was allowed to sit with the others together at dinner. For 14 days of Punishments, she sounded oddly happy.

Irene shook her head another time and smiled. "No, but thank you." Ryujin shrugged and grabbed Mina's wrist. The latter immediately stood up and grabbed her plate, glancing at her dorm members hand once.

Ryujin released her wrist. "I apologize", she mumbled. Prohibition of physical contact, Irene guessed. Although Mina didn't seem to be bothered by that. But the authorities did.

Dami glanced at her once more before the three of them left her alone to grab some food of the buffet.

She closed her eyes to relax. Everything will be fine. She had done what Seulgi had told her.

Seulgi's POV:

She hasn't done it. Seulgi was sure. In the end, Irene's anxiety had taken control over her. And in consequence over Seulgi. She poked around in her meal, using the fork to separate the different ingredients.

A wave of disappointment and frustration hit her. How could she? It had been the essential part of Seulgi's instruction. And Irene just decided for both of them to stop?