Chapter 21

15 days before

15 days before

-Step 5-

Make sacrifices to succeed in your mission

Seulgi's POV:

Her fingers trembled because of the constant pressure. She held the brush in her hand, trying to finish her painting she just ruined last week. The black strip had destroyed almost half of the drawing, but she had managed to recreate the former picture.

It was stressful to know that she needed to finish it today. Sister Jane had given her two extra lessons to correct her mistake. If she failed, she knew what consequences she would have to face.

It was the last thing she wanted to experience right now.

Her eyes wandered over her painting, capturing the perfectly drawn leaves of the purple foxglove and the blurry background she did purposely. The observer would focus more on the plant itself than on its surroundings.

Seulgi rapidly glanced up, seeing Sister Jane with another student. Both were inspecting the canvas of her. Nobody was watching her. She felt relieved.

The little table next to her trembled a bit as she took a step to the left, scanning her own easel. The acrylic color had almost dried up, just the highlights, painted with white color where still fresh and reflecting.

She would have nailed it to one of the walls in her dorm if it had been her property. But the LGATT would store it in the basement until Christmas, then it would be taken to the garbage disposal site. What a waste...

"Have you finished Seulgi?", the soothing voice of Sister Jane appeared behind her. She placed the brush into the water glass and nodded, showing the Nun her picture. She scrutinized it for a minute without showing any reaction.

Seulgi stayed muted, fixing the tips of the brushes that were still unused. They looked soft, perfectly for drawing with acrylic color.

The sound of a silent splash of water filled the room. She tilted her head to the left, fixing the small table from the student next to her. Nobody had actually noticed that the girl had spilled a bit of the liquid over her table.

Seulgi eyed her, seeing the half worried, half agitated expression written on her face. Their gazes met for a second before Seulgi moved her head back. Her attention drew back to Sister Jane.

"Flawless... Really good work Kang Seulgi." The Nun took the painting and inspected it in the sunlight. "It looks naturalistic, exactly like the vase with the foxgloves. Flawless..."

A light smirk appeared on Seulgi's lips. Flawless... All her work was flawless... Like all the talent just flew to her. She didn't complain.

Sister Jane glanced to the clock at the back of the classroom. "The class is dismissed. Remember to come earlier next Wednesday to put up the easels!" The students stopped with their paintings and gathered in front of the washbasins.