Chapter 6

36 days before

36 days before

Seulgi's POV:

"Twenty minutes left", the sports director screamed and blew into his black pipe. Seulgi gulped. Her legs were hurting, her head aching. However, she had to run around the little sport field like a hamster in its cage, thirsty and exhausted.

Every Saturday and Sunday, she had to enhance her physical abilities with training muscles or stamina. Every Weekend, the director almost killed them with his schedule. But she was still here. Voluntarily.

She passed her trainer. He was inspecting his finger nails at the moment. They looked unhealthy and yellowish from her view. Either he got onychomycosis or the 'Yellow-Nail-Syndrome'. 'It would be better to treat it with special nail polisher', Seulgi thought and focused back on the path in front of her.

To her right side was the yard for sports lessons and Recreation, to her right was the 16 feet high barbed wire fence. She could almost feel the spikes digging into her skin, creating bloody wounds and deep scratches.

Seulgi squinted her eyes and tried to eliminate the thought out of her brain. It was painful to feel the whip getting smashed at her. It was definitely enough. Seulgi had never considered to climb over this fence.

She was smarter. At least smart enough to scan every secret constructional defect of the wires. Just to be sure. Just to have a plan B if something goes wrong...

The fence appeared to be endless as she was jogging along it. Still 18 minutes to survive. She tilted her head to the left, glancing at the metal fence once again. There was still nothing wrong with it. No destruction or any other obvious details. Just the usual sloppy workmanship of the material at the ground.

Without the cameras which observed every inch of the school, it would have been easy. Seulgi would just need a long metal stick and some sort of luck to get away.

Due to the bad construction, she could easily push the stick under the fence. With some knowledge of physics, one would now be able to push the stick down at one side to create a deformation of the wires on the other side.

But it wasn't that easy. And Seulgi knew she could do better. They could do better.

She approached the botanic garden with its vegetable beds and the small greenhouse where three students were doing some labor right now. She recognized Dami who grabbed some seeds out of a paper bag.

She just knew the girl because of Irene. A quiet, mysterious and somehow satanic woman who preferred to go to hell instead of Heaven. Seulgi wasn't sure what to think about her. Irene told her that they could trust Dami... But she would never trust anybody except of Irene.

Seulgi noticed a small movement besides her. She turned around, just to realize that it was a young squirrel jumping to the next tree. It had a hazelnut in its paws. It looked kind of cute.