Chapter 19

19 days before

19 days before

Seulgi's POV:

'We'll see'. Seulgi couldn't forget the last sentence of Winter before they got back to work, leaving the conversation open.

How badly she wished that she wouldn't experience it. Winter was a master in intimidating people. Not specifically Seulgi, but even she felt an uncomfortable feeling rising up in her stomach. As Winter had involved Irene, it started to spread in her body.

Winter wouldn't dare to hurt her again. There are enough other students Winter could control. But Irene shouldn't feel it again, the pain that infected her body over the years and that was still not gone.

Seulgi would protect her. In nineteen days, they would be finally free.

The clicking of her black shoes echoed in the hall. The chandelier enlightened the stair and the atrium. Although it looked warm and comfortable, the air felt like ice. Nobody cared to turn on the heater.

She stepped down the big stairs, the red carpet covering each spot. The atrium was empty which wasn't very unusual for 7pm. However, Seulgi wished to have people around her.

Desired not be alone with those spying eyes above her.

She passed the statue in the middle and walked to the entrance of the east wing. The big door was open, two bright chandeliers hanging down from the wall. Chandeliers that were out of wood instead of rare precious metals.

While walking, she noticed all the little details on the wall that probably nobody else recognized. She got an eye for that.

The small words at the bottom of the wall, engraved with a hard pencil.

The scratches at the wood of some classroom doors.

The missing screw at the fixing for a lamp.

She just passed them without actually inspecting them. It would just look more suspicious if she did it. Seulgi left the science rooms behind her, passed the private area and took the only turning to the left.

She stopped at the infirmarium.

There was a short list hanging at the closed door. The doctor would come every two months to check every student and to answer questions about private matters. Everybody could sign in for a meeting.

Seulgi rapidly scanned the list.

No name she knew.

She took the pencil which was hanging down from the clipboard and scribbled her name into the column of the table before removing from the spot. It might give her a glimmer of trustworthiness.

What hadn't surprised her was that Park Rosé hadn't been on the list. She was probably the most reasonable student, but Seulgi knew she feared the infirmarium. The reason wasn't clear to her. But she had never seen Rosé even passing here.