Chapter 16

19 days before

19 days before

Seulgi's POV:

"Wake up."

Somebody shook her, then removed from the bed and came back.

"It's 5 o'clock."

Seulgi groaned and put the blanket over her head. The warm air surrounding her body felt safe and comfortable.

"For the love of God, please wake up now."

Immediately, Seulgi opened her eyes and sat up straight. Rosé flinched and fell onto the floor. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. "I apologize", Seulgi mumbled tiredly. Her view was still blurry, her limbs feeling stiff and numb.

She stretched her arms and yawned again. With some constant blinking, Seulgi tried to get rid of the short-time blindness she usually experienced in the morning. It was a nasty thing and with her low iron level a fatal wake up.

She grabbed her shoes which were under the bed, almost falling onto the floor too. In the meantime, Rosé had already gotten up, now observing her with a frown. Her arms were crossed in front of her chest.

Seulgi remained still for a moment to get used to the sudden dizziness. Then she looked up, seeing her dorm member holding her precious bible and a rosary.

Both stared at each other, Seulgi tiredly, Rosé fully dressed up and stressed. The morning prayer would start in an hour. She still got enough time to dress up and get ready. For Rosé, this hour meant pure stress.

The girl would never leave without Seulgi. Rosé was a loyal, trustworthy but extremely responsible person. Their relation was complicated. For Seulgi, a superficial thing she needed to pretend. For Rosé... well, she couldn't estimate her. And that was a big problem.

"Don't you want to get ready?", Rosé asked with a friendly voice and smile sweetly. Seulgi tilted her head and nodded. Slowly, she approached the drawers and got her uniform plus some socks.

She remembered her panic attack last week. That the Nuns had found the salt package. That they could have actually known about her plan. Seulgi calmed herself. She had got the salt, used it and succeeded. No need to worry for now.

A regular noise appeared behind her. She turned around. Rosé was standing in the middle of the room, looking at the ceiling while stepping with her foot on the floor. 'It is too early in the morning to actually roll one's eyes', Seulgi thought and mentally rolled her eyes.

For Rosé, she placed an innocent smile on her lips and hurried into the bathroom.

Seulgi scrutinized herself in the mirror which was misted up. Rosé had just taken a shower before. She could smell the light shampoo everybody used. Mint with some esoteric oils. It burned on the skin like mouth water. And it smelled like it.